10.jpg   April 19, 2022
PALM BEACH INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY: 8-Hour Enduro, $850
Jupiter, FL
"Sunset Over PBIR 8-Hour"
Event Director: dana.morrison@champcar.org
Entrant List
Download Supplemental Rules and Event Info

2022 Alarm.com Southeast Mini-Championship

Alarm.com will give the overall winner (excludes EC class) of each race below a Flex IO system.

• Daytona 14-Hour - 1 system
  • PBIR 8-Hour - 1 system
  • AMP 8+7-Hour - 2 systems
  • Sebring 10.5-Hour - 1 system

More about the flex IO system here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3le8xtTTATY

Entries for Sunset at PBIR 8-Hour
Updated 3/22/2021

Team Name Car # Year Make Model
1.   321 Motorsports X 1990 Mazda Miata
2.   Ass clown racing 456 1989 Toyota Celica
3.   Avenue Garage 656 2007 Mini Cooper S
4.   Average Joes 121 1994 Mazda Miata
5.   Bent Over Racing 985 1997 BMW 325i
6.   Blackbird Racing 906 1988 Mazda RX7
7.   Bliss Racing 436 1992 Mazda Miata
8.   Clarke Motorsports 864 1996 Mazda Miata
9.   Family Tradition Racing 570 1990 Cheverolet Corvette
10.   Frantic Antic Motorsports X 1989 BMW 325i
11.   HAWK Performance Flying Ghost 501 1990 Honda Crx
12.   MS2 Racing 27 2003 Volkswagen Jetta
13.   ODOR Motor Group 970 2003 Mazda Miata
14.   Open Throttle Racing 644 1994 Mazda Miata
15.   Open Throttle Racing 646 1995 Mazda Miata
16.   OVD Motorsports 750 1994 Mazda Miata
17.   Sharky 2 119 1995 Infinity J30
18.   Start racing 59 1999 mazda Miata
19.   Sub Par Racing 934 1985 Volkswagen Golf
20.   Team Lazy 151 1993 Honda Civic
21.   the fourth place 660 1994 BMW 530i
22.   Treasure Coast Miata 74 1994 Mazda Miata
23.   Treasure Coast Miata 1 965 1994 Mazda Miata
24.   Triple R Motorsports Ranch X 2006 ford mustang
25.   Triple R Motorsports Ranch 498 1996 BMW E36
26.   Triple R Motorsports Ranch 496 1998 ford mustang cobra
27.   Triple R Motorsports Ranch 499 1992 Bmw E36
28.   Triple R Motorsports Ranch 497 1995 BMW E36
29.   Valyrian Steel 988 1991 Mazda Miata

• ChampCar Staff

Greetings All,

So I asked Bill to start this thread so we could get out some information, and get some quick feedback from you.

Here's the deal, the track is closing, final answer. At least that's the most recent word from my friends there. We will not be running our September race.

But, there might be an option for a kind of cool ChampCar memory. I would really like for ChampCar to host the last sanctioned wheel-to-wheel race event at the track. Yes, there are other events on the calendar there, but we could be the last actual race event. The catch is, it would be on a Tuesday. The date we are looking at is Tuesday April 19th. 

If we do it we would run a very simple format, short race, 2-drivers, 8-hours with a lunch break from 12-1. The break helps us source corner workers for a race on a weekday.

So, I'm looking for input from you guys. Yes or No, would you make the race. We don't need to crush the field with entries, just enough to call it a race. I know that date drops right after Daytona, and before the Championship at Ozarks, but I think it would be cool to have the last race there. What do you think?

Thanks,

Dana

• Like 2

Well, 

Speedway Creations had penciled this race on our calendar, in our second car, which is currently a unpainted roll cage in an empty shell.  A Tuesday would not be impossible, but it would be three unplanned days off work that I was planning on spending somewhere else.  I need to really think about it.

I'm not a no, but probably an unlikely, I need a lot of things to fall into place.

We would race it - as long as the car was good after Daytona.  On a side note I understand the situation with the property has not yet gone to the zoning commission meeting nor has the county commission voted on it.  But I assume the deep wallets will prevail.  Shame for South Florida overall - with all the car culture, Supercar Week, all the testing and racing that goes on at the track what the heck are we going to use?  There's a lot of drag racers and sport compact fans that are going to be disappointed.  SCCA track night in America soon to be virtual?  WTF.....this sucks!

4 minutes ago, Justin9 said:

Well, 

Speedway Creations had penciled this race on our calendar, in our second car, which is currently a unpainted roll cage in an empty shell.  A Tuesday would not be impossible, but it would be three unplanned days off work that I was planning on spending somewhere else.  I need to really think about it.

I'm not a no, but probably an unlikely, I need a lot of things to fall into place.

You can park the trailer @ my house if that helps in some way

• ChampCar Staff
7 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Provided the car isn't torn up from Daytona, AND I check with local team members to see if they can swing it...we could get a quickie set of tires/pads (or use 60% worn spares as its a short race)

What pricing are you considering?

@Todd K

@Sully1133

Pricing depends a lot on what the track charges. But again, not looking to stuff our coffers, I just really want to say we hosted the last race. Probably looking for just enough to cover most of the expenses.

Dana

• Like 3

• ChampCar Staff

Ok, I'm having Bill update the Supps to reflect the new race date of Tuesday April 19th tonight. We will load-in Monday the 18th around 12:00noon or 1:00pm. We will not be able to setup pit-lane until probably 5:00pm. We will have overnight security if you want to stay on property.

Corner workers are an issue for weekdays so it looks like we will be taking a lunch break from 12:00noon to 1:00pm during the race. Format will be an 8-hour race. 8:00am to 12:00noon, parc-ferme 12:00-1:00, continue the race 1:00 to 5:00pm. This keep us at only two drivers, hoping that makes it easier to get entered. Pricing for the race will be $850.

Give me till after the VIR race this weekend to sort any other details.

Thanks,

Dana

• Like 4

• Administrators

I have been working on T-shirts all day. lol But for other events.

I am, debating this.  I can do small batch shirts. Let me think about the design and talk to dana about his take on this over the weekend.

I don't see why we can't. But let me think about a design.

• Like 1

As of right now, we are a MAYBE.  We first need to see if we can get those days off from work and more importantly, if the car survives Daytona.  If those moons align, we will literally be a two man team at the race since our pit crew (the wives) will be doing mom things with the kids.  If we can swing it all, we will do our best to be there.

• 2 weeks later...