Autobahn in June

JDChristianson

2 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

Great track, great racing in the Midwest, all we need are entries.   Where is everyone?  Sign up have fun. 

As soon as my drivers commit, I will pay all the pals and sign all the ups... It's already on my schedule and social media with a fancy graphic and everything.

CCES_Autobahn.png.2f9887881926ff6221c024855892acb3.png

• Like 4

• Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, JDChristianson said:

Great track, great racing in the Midwest, all we need are entries.   Where is everyone?  Sign up have fun. 

We will be signed up soon. Hope we both have more time for socializing than we did at Gingerman. 
and yeah, let’s get the entries up to keep this venue on our annual schedule. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Technical Advisory Committee

Pit strategy is going to be interesting for this race. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a pair of races divided up like this. Three hours 15 minutes first half, and three hours 45 minutes second half. Looking forward to the track and seeing some friends.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hotrod said:

Signed up the Silver Focus #38 today. Lets see some more entries! 

Any way to make the Autobahn a 8&7 instead of 7&7?

AFAIK, no - 2021 had the same schedule/times. The reason given was that they needed the "quiet hour" to let the corner workers get lunch, etc. Track rules, so them's the breaks

41 minutes ago, freshmaker_phd said:

AFAIK, no - 2021 had the same schedule/times. The reason given was that they needed the "quiet hour" to let the corner workers get lunch, etc. Track rules, so them's the breaks

Yes last year was the same. What about just running an extra hour on Saturday?

On 3/25/2022 at 10:28 AM, ABR-Glen said:

IIRC the track day running on the other course was hot during our "quiet hour" so it seemed a bit odd to call it that.

Being in Joliet the Autobahn is a Union track. The corner workers get an hour break for lunch. 

• 1 month later...

Ok so time to start a focused effort for this event and looking at the supps, what the heck with two sevens and an hour each day for lunch break?

I guess no need to worry about long stints or any type of pit strategy. Just drive the heck out of the cars and divide as needed with no fuel issues

on limit.

It is a fun track and guys all like it and ready for a good race. 

27 minutes ago, 55mini said:

Ok so time to start a focused effort for this event and looking at the supps, what the heck with two sevens and an hour each day for lunch break?

I guess no need to worry about long stints or any type of pit strategy. Just drive the heck out of the cars and divide as needed with no fuel issues

on limit.

They have to take an hour each day to feed the corner workers.

Historically has there been a test day? Email Chelsey and was told it was going to be contingent on entries..

Guys are just trying to get their travel schedule planned

1 hour ago, Wink said:

Historically has there been a test day? Email Chelsey and was told it was going to be contingent on entries..

Guys are just trying to get their travel schedule planned

Typically there is not a test day for this one.  Usually the track is hosting another event, kind of like Barber.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How is Autobahn on Tires?

We're looking to try a stickier tire.  We have a half worn set of RS4 on wheels as a backup, and a set of VR1 scrubs that have a short test to heat cycle them.  Should we plan on bring another set of tires just in case?

Anybody know of a reliable tire mounter within reasonable distance in case things go sour saturday?

2 hours ago, Ian said:

We're looking to try a stickier tire.  We have a half worn set of RS4 on wheels as a backup, and a set of VR1 scrubs that have a short test to heat cycle them.  Should we plan on bring another set of tires just in case?

Anybody know of a reliable tire mounter within reasonable distance in case things go sour saturday?

It’s old pavement, which in my experience means low wear. But it’s (probably) going to be very hot.

We ran RE71r here 5 years ago and wear was lower than expected.

Edited by enginerd
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ian said:

Oh its terrible on tires,  the only way to get through the day is 400tw................. trust me.............

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

Oh its terrible on tires,  the only way to get through the day is 400tw................. trust me.............

I wouldn't even know where to buy something like that.  Maybe I'll just order 2 sets of 305 width VR1's.  The extra width will make up for the extra wear. Thanks for the heads up lol.  ;)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 12:09 PM, 55mini said:

on limit.

If I remember correctly, the quiet hour was parc ferme.  Radios and cool suits only.  So you still have to pay attention to your fuel strategy.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...