Petition comments and votes

On 3/16/2022 at 9:10 AM, frankrehnelt said:

Please read, vote and comment on the current petitions. It won’t let me add a link but it can be accessed in the Chumpcar International Inc room. Comment period closes on then 22nd. 

Already done.

• Technical Advisory Committee
3 minutes ago, ABR-Glen said:

April 22nd, right? @Bill Strong

The standard calendar states:

• Member rule change petitions comments due back to Board: April 30th

However,

This year the Board Meeting is scheduled for April 28th.

Therefore, I recommend you get your comments in to us as soon as you reasonably can.

Edited by Chris Huggins

5 hours ago, Chris Huggins said:

The standard calendar states:

• Member rule change petitions comments due back to Board: April 30th

However,

This year the Board Meeting is scheduled for April 28th.

Therefore, I recommend you get your comments in to us as soon as you reasonably can.

I thought Bill was being very generous with his (and BOD) time to review all those responses before Ozarks.

Then again, BOD do like to keep meeting dates close to your chest, so that was just a guess. 

At least he got the summary out well ahead of the Mar 31st deadline.

Should be enough time to get everyone's feedback, but I'd hate for any procrastinators to get left out.

Better update this post with a realistic date to close the comment period.

New petitions no longer being accepted? 

Is there an archive for previously submitted?  I had put a couple in a while back, don't see them in the current list.  System isn't offering to to take any new, just says the petition form is closed.

It is March after all and we're talking about rules changes for 2023.  It doesn't seem like a stretch to still be accepting new items.

1 hour ago, MMiskoe said:

New petitions no longer being accepted? 

Is there an archive for previously submitted?  I had put a couple in a while back, don't see them in the current list.  System isn't offering to to take any new, just says the petition form is closed.

It is March after all and we're talking about rules changes for 2023.  It doesn't seem like a stretch to still be accepting new items.

That's the way it works, petitions after Feb 28th would be considered for the 2024 BCCR.  

They bundle up a years worth of petitions send them out for member comment (where we are now), then bundle up the comments, then BOD and TAC review and decide which to implement, then time for the actual wording to get hammered out and included in the rulebook by September-ish so that members have enough time to complain about them before the first race of the next year. Yeah bureaucracy!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So the rule book gets adjusted, one or two races take place and then the comment period is over so any mistakes or overdog issues can't be resolved for 2 seasons.

And not a lot of presence on this process.  I have subsequently found the details, but cripus, there isn't even a link to the petition process on the Rules page.  It is buried on the BoD page.  We've got stickies about Maxxis tires and a whole section on rules updates, but no mention of these dates.

At least the "thank you for your input" has the ability to accept input year round.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, MMiskoe said:

So the rule book gets adjusted, one or two races take place and then the comment period is over so any mistakes or overdog issues can't be resolved for 2 seasons.

And not a lot of presence on this process.  I have subsequently found the details, but cripus, there isn't even a link to the petition process on the Rules page.  It is buried on the BoD page.  We've got stickies about Maxxis tires and a whole section on rules updates, but no mention of these dates.

At least the "thank you for your input" has the ability to accept input year round.

Kudos to the use of "cripus".

You have to have your complaints organized a year out.  The hope is that changes that were made last year to process should help alleviate the creations of overdogs, but sometimes backyard engineering or large budgets still find ways.

So something good did come from this - a person outside my family that recognizes that word.  Even google doesn't get it (and urban dictionary is blocked at work).

And I guess that the "Sour Grapes" rule of applying cry-baby laps to the race winner of Saturday races, for Sunday starts gets another couple of years to play out.  I had petitioned to have it removed before, plan to continue.  If someone beats me, good for them.  I want to beat them straight up, not because they got an artificial handicap.

submitted my votes. feedback for next time: on some of the petitions it was difficult to determine how my yes/no vote correlated to the petition. in other words, it wasn't immediately obvious whether my 'yes' meant "yes, keep things the same" or "yes, change the rules"

• Like 1