E30 Tire Pressure for Hankook Ventus RS4

Minneapolis

Our Team British American Racing BAR has run the BFG Rival 225/45-15 for the last 100 years with mixed results.  Our car is a 2300 pound E30 with 15 x 8 wheels.

This spring we are switching to the Hankook Ventus RS4 225/45-15 on the same 15x8 wheels.  We won't have a chance to run a practice session before our first green flag so I'm looking for some advice as to what pressure we should use as a cold and/or hot starting points.  I'll be happy to share what we ultimately settle on after our first event.

If you're running the the Hankook RS4 225/45-15 on 8" rims , especially on an E30, I'd appreciate any input on hot or cold starting points.

Thanks,

Lee

Rough estimate on a similar weight rwd car that I have run those same tires on 15 x 8...

Right around 34 hot is what we aimed for and adjusted from there based on laptime, driver feel, balance, and tire temps.

This meant starting pressures of 27 psi on a "normal" race weekend....  meaning no snow OR asphalt melting.

Edited by wvumtnbkr
  • Like 4

Edit to add....   rs4 seem quite forgiving on higher pressures.  Sometimes we get much more increase than we 3xpect.  40 psi would still be in the usable range imho.  

In other words, start around 28 or 29 and adjust after that first stint.

• Like 1

We ran those on a heavier car for the first 3 years, now on 245 rs4's.

At Road America in particular we need to bump close to 40psi on the Left front to keep the center from wearing goofy. Our target is 38 fronts and 35 rear hot. They are super forgiving on pressure as was said we noticed it didn't affect times as much as wear patterns. 

We start @ 28 front and rear and will build more in the front so it works out.

• Like 1