Running on RA1's??

So I know there was a car that got DQ on saturday for running RA1's but I know the miata was on them sunday. I do not under stand why there are teams running on RA1's. So if we go out on RA1's the worst that can happen is a DQ? I know that I've seen teams kicked out for that kind of thing in other kinds of racing. Its a no brainer read the side of your tires and if you are under 190 then you are cheating and should get kicked out of that event both days.

Thats all I have to say about that.

What do you think?

Guest posnova

The Miata ran RA-1's on both days, in the dry, and Star Specs in the wet. The Miata was an EC car -- exception class, thus can run the tires that are legal in the class the current log book from the vehicle, is for. It has a current ITA log book. RA-1's are legal in ITA, thus that's what it was wearing when the weather cooperated.

Yes, the worst that will happen is a DQ. Read section 5.6 of the rules. It is quite verbose and explains exactly how we would DQ a car if necessary. What can make the penalty more painful, though, is when we know and DQ it. 10 minutes into the race would be a sufficient statement, if we knew about it, as we'd have your entry fees, and no one gets any track time. Every team was given their ballot during the registration process to vote to DQ a car if they felt the need. If the CCWS Race Steward were to have received any forms at all, we'd definitely had one of the pit monitors go take a look on the next pit stop for the vehicle. We were unaware of the RX-7 from Saturday running on RA-1 tires until the race finish. We did not see the change from friday night tech, to saturday morning race, and had no reason to suspect anyone or anything and reinspect tires in the morning.

The RX-7 guys went and got new tires that night, and participated on Sunday on legal tires.

Ok I was thinking the Miata was an EC car but did not know. Why let the RX-7 run on sunday? Why not tell them to go home? I just think the time should fit the crime.

Because that is why most of us run the series isnt it? Its what separates us from the others.

From what I understand they took their penalty standing up and dealt with it like they should have. They didnt collect money or get credit for the finish, why would we want to chase them off? They paid their money and should get the track time that we all do. The series is trying to garner more entries and I think in the NW we forget that because we have such good car counts but a story like this might help out East. Imagine if we had the reputation for chasing people off that we didnt like, that story might hurt the series elsewhere.

Anyway I am glad Chumpcar handled it the way they did. It just shows that we are different from everyone else I think.

Just my .02$

• Like 1

Guest Methius

Ok I was thinking the Miata was an EC car but did not know. Why let the RX-7 run on sunday? Why not tell them to go home? I just think the time should fit the crime.

They went and bought brand new tires for Sunday. We offered to let them run EC on Sunday, but they were so embarrassed they wanted to make it right.

Guest matteg

What would anyone benefit from throwing someone out of the event? Less cars to race is less fun and they'd certainly have lost a competitor for life. Why would you want to ever be exclusionary in a sport where people have a hard time gaining entrants?

Ok I can see your point I'm just having one of those days where I'm thinking too much. I am man enuf to say your right and you did the right thing. I'm just feeling bad about what could have been and looking for some one to cry about. I'll shut up and get back to work now.

Guest posnova

Ok I can see your point I'm just having one of those days where I'm thinking too much. I am man enuf to say your right and you did the right thing. I'm just feeling bad about what could have been and looking for some one to cry about. I'll shut up and get back to work now.

So how's that rabbit-truck looking for Spokane there Hank?

Work? I saw no work being done when I stopped by today. :D