Arrive and drive costs

I don't know what you guys are spending on the food portion, but I can cook for a team for somewhere around $35 a head. Sometimes its less depending on what we eat. That is home made (on site) hot food for every meal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fitsbain said:

I don't know what you guys are spending on the food portion, but I can cook for a team for somewhere around $35 a head. Sometimes its less depending on what we eat. That is home made (on site) hot food for every meal.

And freaking delicious!  Worth every penny!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MBMEngineering said:

Hey, thanks for the shout out! Transparency is paramount for us. Our customers should know right from the start exactly what to expect for cost and what exactly it gets them. We expect the same transparency back from our customers in terms of what kind of experience they are looking to get. I can provide some insight that prepping a car to the highest level incurs a LOT of costs. Rent low cost, and there is a high likelihood you get a low quality experience. This is not an absolute, but again the likelihood your experience is poor is high. Or, rent low, and get lucky that you're renting from someone who hasn't done a full tally of their costs yet. 🙂

Your welcome and thanks for the transparency. Prepping and supporting race cars is difficult and expensive business. Keeping people happy and delivering a good race car is tough. For myself I eat a lot of the cost for car prep, all the labor at a minimum, so I can race/drive.  Keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing you guys at the track. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 3:37 PM, MBMEngineering said:

Rent low cost, and there is a high likelihood you get a low quality experience. This is not an absolute, but again the likelihood your experience is poor is high. Or, rent low, and get lucky that you're renting from someone who hasn't done a full tally of their costs yet. 🙂

On the other hand, no team can guarantee a good experience no matter how much they charge. 

• Like 6

• Technical Advisory Committee
On 5/11/2022 at 4:56 PM, Fitsbain said:

Are you for hire?

• Like 1

I have been renting for like 9 years now. I have paid as low as $400 for 4 hrs and as high as $1700 for 4 hrs. Prices are swinging up though. I think that $1400 for "two full tank stints" with no money back if the car breaks is about average. There are many teams charging >$2000 for ~4hrs though. In most cases tho teams are doing this more like its a business, and are including all the costs (their time), and probably provide a more "professional" experience. But many teams are just looking for a 4th driver to help decrease the costs. Sometimes this includes food and a spot to sleep in the RV. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometime you crash into turn 5 at VIR and own $700 in damages and sometimes you get asked Hulkenberg in a car you didnt expect to drive that weekend for free. 

Edited by Jamie
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 8:18 AM, Chris Huggins said:

Are you for hire?

Sometimes, Maybe

If I have time, and the wife lets me out of the house.

I'm in Pittsburgh. So I'll be at Pittrace if nothing goes haywire.

I'm committed to ALL Roads Racing (If they come), otherwise, I'll find another team, Or just go and crew/cook for everyone (Champ staff included).

If I could turn this into a full time gig, that paid the bills, I would love to get out of my current engineering job.

• Like 5