2022 ChampCar iRacing Series: Round 8, Montreal - 6/1/2022, 6/8/2022

Another of our CCiS "Fantasy Rounds" to close out the first half of the season, taking the Ford Mustang to Montreal for some tail-wagging fun. ChampCar doesn't get to run any street circuits in the real world, but the walls here are as close as they are at Watkins or Ozarks - take care!

Session Details

• Practice Round: Wednesday, 1-June-2022
  • Championship Round: Wednesday, 8-June-2022
  • Practice Start: 6:30pm ET
  • Qualifying Start: 8:30pm ET
  • Race Start: 9:30pm ET
  • Car: Ford Mustang FR500s
  • Track: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
  • In-Sim Session Date: Wednesday, 8-June-2022
  • In-Sim Session Start Time: 4:00pm
  • In-Sim Time Multiplier: 1x
  • Weather: Auto-Generated
  • Setup: iRacing Baseline Setup with 8.2g Fuel
  • Fast Repairs: 1
  • License Requirements: Practice Rounds (None), Championship Round (>D2.0)

Useful Links

ChampCar iRacing Series - League Application

ChampCar iRacing Series - Discord Server

2022 ChampCar iRacing Series Schedule

2022 ChampCar iRacing Series Broadcast Information Form

2022 ChampCar iRacing Series Protest Form

Guide to iRacing and Hardware

How to create your own iRacing paints

iRacing Tips and Resources

Edited by Rapido
  • Like 1

Please be aware that there was a large iRacing update this week (with lots of exciting content and news), with the required download for all updates at ~15GB. Would recommend downloading this ahead of time in case of any delays in joining the race session tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Last night was a mess for me.  My few month old Fanatec Clubsport V3 throttle pedal decided to die between the practice round and Sunday night.  Tried every bit of resetting, recalibrating, updating I could think of and still no response.  The vibrate feature does work, so it is getting power.  Anyways, due to that I went back to my old G27 pedal set, which has it's own issues.  Calibrating it gives very unpredictable results - not full throttle when it should, dragging brake most of the time.  Combined with not a lot of practice time made a mid-pack driver like me a danger out there.  I can sometimes get the brake to stop dragging by tapping the brake after using it in a brake zone, sort of the opposite of dealing with pad knock back.  But it gets really busy trying to tap the brake after every time I use it, while actually racing in traffic.

I qualified 17th and was shocked that the group made it through the first few laps without major incident (that I saw).  I didn't have any exciting parts until after I made my pitstop around halfway.  Shortly after while going into the hairpin, I made a move on Jared to the inside where I thought he was leaving the door open and then it closed.  He spun, I had some damage and a messed up steering wheel.  The next lap, I was trying to give Zihao plenty of space to pass going into the hairpin, but I hit the grass on the left and lost control and headed right toward the apex of the turn.  I don't think I hit in on the way by, but I was right in his way and he hit me pretty good.  Luckily, he hadn't pitted yet and was able to get going without losing a spot and got his car fixed up.  I had already used my fast repair from bumping the outside wall at T4 a few times.  My car was a total mess at that point, but I could still drive it.  After that, I just tried to stay out of the way and not mess anyone else up.

I forgot to save the replay, but went back and watched the broadcast.  Luckily they weren't on Zihao when I messed up.  Here I was last week saying lappers needed to get out of the way and I almost totally mess up the leader this week.  

• Like 1