BCCR clearification

2 hours ago, gundy said:

8.2.8.4. The crew member fueling the car may only fuel the car while the fuel cap is removed.

Am I missing something, how can you fuel the car without removing the fuel cap?

That's pretty funny. But what it means in practice is that the fueler shouldn't be pushing the fuel catch pan around with is feet or staging a jack for tire changing. He has one job and that is to safely fuel the car and not spill fuel. Once the cap has been 'capped' he can do other work on the car. 

• Like 4

How about:

"While the fuel cap is removed from the car, the crew member responsible for fueling shall perform only the function of fueling the car and no other labor shall be performed by that crew member."

Of course using "cap-off" as a time stamp isn't quite right, now that we allow dry breaks...

Tagging @Chris Huggins since he is the wordsmith :)

• Technical Advisory Committee

I think Chris” day job requires and uses his technical writing skills. He and Bill worked with the TAC to clarify wording the past few years. We still haven’t caught all of the confusing parts. 
and rest assured, nobody writes rules or alters them without approval and review of the tac and BoD. 
btw, @55mini, I owe you a pm response. Vacationing up in northern MI and will talk soon! 

• Like 1

• Technical Advisory Committee
11 hours ago, Ian said:

Ooh, where at?  Spent a lot of time in the land of copper, iron ore and pasty.

You’ve spent time with the Yoopers from the UP? Well we weren’t really that far north this time. We were actually in Harrison, about the middle of the LP. 

Did a lot of 4 wheeler atv riding over the past week. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andrew D Johnson said:

We snowmobile out of Ironwood MI each year. We have a house that my Dad purchased for $1,800 back in 1995!

Nice.  I pass through there on my way from the Duluth area to Houghton or Maquette.

• Like 1