EC Fuel Cell Capacity

Mark S

I've seen several posts around here saying that fuel capacity in EC is unregulated. I've dug through the BCCR a few times trying to find something that says that but have not been able to find anything. Can anyone point to anything to support this? Can that be added to the BCCR to codify it for the future?

Thanks!

Mark

2 hours ago, Mark S said:

I've seen several posts around here saying that fuel capacity in EC is unregulated. I've dug through the BCCR a few times trying to find something that says that but have not been able to find anything. Can anyone point to anything to support this? Can that be added to the BCCR to codify it for the future?

Thanks!

Mark

Do whatever you want with fuel capacity as long as it adheres to the other rules relating to safety of install and fuel components and a bulkhead from the driver, etc. etc. The idea of EC is that you can bring a car from another series (perhaps lemons with their 22 gallon cells) and have fun at a ChampCar race in the EC class. You won't win the overall podium (because EC), but you will have a great time and may get hooked and change the car to comply for future races.

Sorry, kinda missed the intent of your post with what I just wrote. Reiterating that you understand correctly. I'm sure it's in the rulebook somewhere.. I'll look later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark S said:

Thanks!

Mark

Ok, you’re right. It’s terribly written, and by strict reading of the rulebook I agree with you, EC cars would have to comply with the +2 capacity rule. I’m sure some board members will read this thread and can correct it. Just needs an addition to the fuel section to say “cars which do not comply with the fuel capacity rule will be moved to the EC class”.

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 1