For Sale: 1986 BMW 325i Turnkey

1986 BMW 325i. 2.5 straight 6, 5 -spd manual, 4.10 lsd. This is a road racing car that has previously competed in both SCCA and Champcar/Chumpcar events. This was a professional build (older) of which I have no knowledge. I purchased the car in 2011 out of Florida (have title). The car has some history at Sebring before coming to WI. Includes, aluminum radiator, oil cooler, header, Cobra seat, Momo wheel, fire system, 22 gallon cell with expansion tank, frozen rotors w/hawk pads, Bilstein shocks, head lights/fog lights for night racing, lexan side and back windows, built in radio communications, 6-TDM 15 inch lightweight aluminum wheels, 6-BFG G-Force 225/45/15 tires. This car last raced in 2014 and stored in climate controlled storage since. Starts right up and runs/drives. Very solid car with a lot of potential.  The car is located in Green Bay, WI.  Price is $6495.00  I can be reach at phil.lehl@gmail.com or through FBMP.  FB Marketplace ad: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1492191124557968

39 minutes ago, CoachMK21 said:

I see in the pictures that the car competed in EC.  I don't know the BMW cars well enough to know what pushed this to EC.  Fuel cell?  Anyone know what it would take to put back to a non-EC status?

Based on the description… displacement blocks to bring the cell down to 18.6 gallons and you would be good to go for C-class competing for the overall podium. Header / oil cooler / radiator are listed but I think you’re still at or below 500. I see an air dam pictured (10 points). There may be some small suspension changes (pictures don’t show suspension) that would have to be undone but I bet this would be very easy to bring to 500 points or less.

Expect to replace or recert the fire system and check some other nit-picky safety items before your first race. 

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, enginerd said:

Based on the description… displacement blocks to bring the cell down to 18.6 gallons and you would be good to go for C-class competing for the overall podium. Header / oil cooler / radiator are listed but I think you’re still at or below 500. I see an air dam pictured (10 points). There may be some small suspension changes (pictures don’t show suspension) that would have to be undone but I bet this would be very easy to bring to 500 points or less.

Expect to replace or recert the fire system and check some other nit-picky safety items before your first race. 

18.6 gallons? 

edit: never mind - I thought the rule  was changing to stock capacity

Edited by Originalsterm