2003 Mini Cooper R53 For You

I have a Silver 2003 Mini Cooper S with 253,500 original miles and no accidents that I need to move out of my storage garage in Cincinnati.  In January we had an issue one day and had to have it towed home.  The engine wouldn't turn over and we thought it might be locked up.  In removing the plugs to take a look we found that none of the spark plugs were well seated and could not be torqued correctly.  In dropping the pan we found that the issue was not the engine (though it does need to have the heads re-done) it appears that it's the transmission that's locked up.  The bottom end turns freely and I have never seen even a puff of smoke from the exhaust.  Let me know if you're interested.  I loved driving it, but I'm in the middle of remodeling the house and have too many projects.  I am hoping someone can use it as a platform to start racing.  It is free to whoever is willing to pick it up.  It is located in zip code 45245.

On 9/29/2022 at 5:47 PM, Jeff Woodard said:

I have a Silver 2003 Mini Cooper S with 253,500 original miles and no accidents that I need to move out of my storage garage in Cincinnati.  In January we had an issue one day and had to have it towed home.  The engine wouldn't turn over and we thought it might be locked up.  In removing the plugs to take a look we found that none of the spark plugs were well seated and could not be torqued correctly.  In dropping the pan we found that the issue was not the engine (though it does need to have the heads re-done) it appears that it's the transmission that's locked up.  The bottom end turns freely and I have never seen even a puff of smoke from the exhaust.  Let me know if you're interested.  I loved driving it, but I'm in the middle of remodeling the house and have too many projects.  I am hoping someone can use it as a platform to start racing.  It is free to whoever is willing to pick it up.  It is located in zip code 45245.

I think we would be interested if this is still available.