Doc Waldrop Special

jakks

From Matt Harper,

“It’s been a long week.  So many emotions.   So many long hours. So many thoughts and memories. 

Tomorrow we take the 860 car back to the track and start preparing it to race once again.  It’s been almost 3 years since this car last made it to a racing surface.  When it was scavenged for all its parts for another project I promised you I would make sure we put this car back together again. I feel like I have finally kept that promise.  I wish you were here to see it.  

The first race this car ever did was Sebring in 2013 so it’s fitting that Kenny’s first race back will once again be Sebring in 2022.   Tomorrow Andrew Sides, Michael Bulls, Mike Merrill and myself will start shaking out the bugs and sorting Kenny out in preparation for competition.   Ironically the first car I ever drove on a road course was this car at the very track we will drive tomorrow.   

It’s been an emotional week but seeing the 860 car loaded up on the trailer for only the second time since 2020 makes it all worth it.   

Happy birthday Doc.  We all miss you buddy.”

32F61BA5-24B8-4630-8FF7-6A08B8985CA3.jpeg

06F6F111-3487-44FA-B285-178AFC1C0680.jpeg

• Like 19