• Administrators

election_results.png

Good afternoon ChampCar Members,
I wanted to thank all of the members for taking part in our most recent Board of Directors
Election. I appreciate the four members who were nominated and all of the members who
voted.
The election results were collected by Bill Strong and were verified by the BOD Secretary,
Tiffany Alexander. We did not find any inaccurate votes.
The results are as follows:
Mike Coleman - 163 
Rodger Coan - 156

Bernie Meyers - 78
John Wittenauer – 69
Mike and Rodger have accepted their positions and will serve from January 1, 2023 to
December 31, 2025.

The BOD will hold officer elections on January 17, 2023, which will be the first meeting for the
2023 year.
If you have any questions, please email the BOD at board@champcar.org
Thanks,
E. Tyler Pedersen
ChampCar Board of Director Chair

• Like 4

Congrats to both Mike & Rodger. 

Looks like voter turnout was low. Was hoping more would get involved. It seemed it was heading in that direction. Maybe Four Corner Bill Strong can confirm.  :)

Hopefully Mike & Rodger will serve the Members well. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, hotrod said:

Looks like voter turnout was low. Was hoping more would get involved. It seemed it was heading in that direction. Maybe Four Corner Bill Strong can confirm.  :)

It was about the same as the past votes. It's on par with the number of people that are active with the club. The rest just want to race and don't care about most of this stuff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hotrod said:

I keep hoping more will get involved as well.   I think its odd that they don't have any interest.  I gotta think one bit of the puzzle is the number of members that are rental drivers only.  Many of them really have no "investment" in how the club works.  If they don't like it they just rent somewhere else I suppose.  And they are really mostly interested in showing up getting seat time and going home.  That's not a bad thing, but its a different level of commitment than a car owner or team that that actually works together on the car and enjoys the whole process.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

or maybe they see no problems with how the series is run?

I'm sure there are plenty that think exactly that.   It's not that the series is being run poorly.  It does seem unlikely that 95% of the members think nothing can be improved.    

No one in the history of job reviews has ever been told there is nothing they could improve.   

The BOD will do fine, doing the best they can.   

Edited by JDChristianson
  • Like 2