Jump to content

Board of Directors Nomination Process has started


Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

Tiffany Alexander (Dec 2023)
Chris Huggins (Dec 2023)


The terms for Tiffany Alexander #005772, Chris Huggins #008876, end on December 31st of this year.  Their seats are the ones up for re-election and when filled will serve until December 31st, 2025.  Tiffany Alexander and Chris Huggins are eligible to run again and can be nominated like any other member.

Fill out your name and member number.  Then at the bottom, fill out the name and member number of the person you'd like to nominate to the Board of Directors.  Keep in mind that we will contact each nominee to make sure they are OK with being a candidate. 

Simple rules:

1.  You can't nominate yourself.
2.  You can only nominate one person.

All nominations are due by Friday, October 15th.  To keep from having 578 different nominees, a nominee must be named by at least five members to qualify.  We will compile all the nominations and put the top ten nominees on the November 1st ballot.  Elections are over on December 1st, 2023. We will announce the winners on December 15th, 2023, and the two winners will take office on January 1, 2024.
 
Please contact me with any questions and comments at board@champcar.org
 
All the best -
Justin Andress
Board Chair
ChumpCar International, Inc.

 

https://forms.gle/o3WCJ5nmDvrAQq7r5

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee
51 minutes ago, Wheelman_99 - C Rallo said:

There are two members up for reelection, but is there a third spot open as well? Near the end it says, "the three winners..."

No.  Last year it was 3 spots so I'm sure its just a typo from duplicating last years message.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee
54 minutes ago, Wheelman_99 - C Rallo said:

Are Chris and Tiffany both planning to run again?

Knowing this may effect who wants to run, as would knowing their platform and goals for the club.

 

Yes

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 We have thousands of members. Everyone who races pays to be a member. How is the club notifying all these people that there are board positions open.

 

Then I have seen the ones interested basically give a bio on the forum why they want to help the club. Then need 3 people from the forum to nominate. Is this correct?

 

Then the trolls of the forum pick the board members. Same very small group that watches the board meeting each year. Something like single digit % of members are involved.

 

I get to race once a year. Drag my crap on a U-hual trailer. Small team at the most of 2 to 5. I love it. We have Pro teams, teams with 2 , 3, and 4 cars. 20 people on teams. Bunch of arrive and drives. All of us would  probably be happy to help.

 

Just think the process a little flawed if you are really looking for good buisness minded club board members that can help. Just because it was done that way in the past doesn't mean we have to keep doing it that way. Just something to consider next time the board meets. I know it can't be changed with this short notice and will take time to draft a new plan. Maybe something easier for all.  Compensate for their time somehow (one free race each year). Something to draw the bears to the honey other than just buzzing around. 

Edited by 333 Kinkle
Spelling error
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, 333 Kinkle said:

 We have thousands of members. Everyone who races pays to be a member. How is the club notifying all these people that there are board positions open.

 

Then I have seen the ones interested basically give a bio on the forum why they want to help the club. Then need 3 people from the forum to nominate. Is this correct?

 

Then the trolls of the forum pick the board members. Same very small group that watches the board meeting each year. Something like single digit % of members are involved.

 

I get to race once a year. Drag my crap on a U-hual trailer. Small team at the most of 2 to 5. I love it. We have Pro teams, teams with 2 , 3, and 4 cars. 20 people on teams. Bunch of arrive and drives. All of us would  probably be happy to help.

 

Just think the process a little flawed if you are really looking for good buisness minded club board members that can help. Just because it was done that way in the past doesn't mean we have to keep doing it that way. Just something to consider next time the board meets. I know it can't be changed with this short notice and will take time to draft a new plan. Maybe something easier for all.  Compensate for their time somehow (one free race each year). Something to draw the bears to the honey other than just buzzing around. 

There should have been an email blast that went out through Constant Contact,  I will ask Bill about it.

 

Board members are compensated with free race entries.  Some use them (I do), some do not.

 

Right now the period is only for nominations.  Get your 5 teammates to nominate you to run, plus a few others for good measure.  In October we will contact the 10 most nominated people and ask if they wish to actually run.  Then they will be given the opportunity to publish a bio which can be emailed out (it has in the past), along with other platforms to discuss outside of this echo chamber.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee

Ok.  I checked with him.

 

It went out twice.  To the whole club.   About 60% looked at it.  Only 53 people actually clicked the link to go vote.   52 if you don't count me. 

 

Pump Those Numbers Up GIFs | Tenor

 

Seriously.  How do we get more people to participate in this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Chris Huggins said:

Ok.  I checked with him.

 

It went out twice.  To the whole club.   About 60% looked at it.  Only 53 people actually clicked the link to go vote.   52 if you don't count me. 

 

Pump Those Numbers Up GIFs | Tenor

 

Seriously.  How do we get more people to participate in this? 

 

 

Here is an idea, a drawing for CC Bucks, choose the name from the members that vote.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Here is an idea, a drawing for CC Bucks, choose the name from the members that vote.

Genius!   I support this.   Really lean into the email subject line too,  make it as clickbaity as possible.

"FREE MONEY - ONE CLICK AWAY*"

* - Money refers to CC bucks only, not redeemable for real cash.  To enter you must participate in CC Voting and only one person will win. Winning does require more than one click and some typing.

 

Also I will confirm Chris's comment. I received emails on this along with the news on Chesley/Dana, BCCR petitions and more.   I have also seen posts for all of these items both on this forum and on the facebook group page.  Thanks to everyone putting these messages together, they are appreciated!

 

Edited by tyler_j
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Here is an idea, a drawing for CC Bucks, choose the name from the members that vote.

 

More participation would be great, but let's be careful not to encourage folks to click names they don't know just for a chance at a few bucks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Chris Huggins said:

Ok.  I checked with him.

 

It went out twice.  To the whole club.   About 60% looked at it.  Only 53 people actually clicked the link to go vote.   52 if you don't count me. 

 

Pump Those Numbers Up GIFs | Tenor

 

Seriously.  How do we get more people to participate in this? 

Make reviewing/voting part of the process to register for a race?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Chris Huggins said:

Ok.  I checked with him.

 

It went out twice.  To the whole club.   About 60% looked at it.  Only 53 people actually clicked the link to go vote.   52 if you don't count me. 

 

Pump Those Numbers Up GIFs | Tenor

 

Seriously.  How do we get more people to participate in this? 

I saw emails about BOD elections coming up and time to nominate people.  Was I supposed to vote for something?  I missed that in skimming the email.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, JDChristianson said:

I saw emails about BOD elections coming up and time to nominate people.  Was I supposed to vote for something?  I missed that in skimming the email.  

No, just nominations are this time.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to try & run again. One of these years I'll get in. LOL.

I care about ChampCar and have much to offer. A whole life time of racing experience from a Mechanic to Team Manager.

Have handled all aspects of racing and business. From Organization, Financial, Managerial, Promotion, Writing Rule Books, Hands on Mechanical Work, Fabricating, Logging parts Mileage Books, Logistics, Tech Inspection, Race Steward and everything in between.

If you haven't mad a nomination yet please consider me my ChampCar member # is 014806

Thanks, Bernie Myers

Edited by hotrod
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2023 at 6:16 PM, hotrod said:

I'm going to try & run again. One of these years I'll get in. LOL.

I care about ChampCar and have much to offer. A whole life time of racing experience from a Mechanic to Team Manager.

Have handled all aspects of racing and business. From Organization, Financial, Managerial, Promotion, Writing Rule Books, Hands on Mechanical Work, Fabricating, Logging parts Mileage Books, Logistics, Tech Inspection, Race Steward and everything in between.

If you haven't mad a nomination yet please consider me my ChampCar member # is 014806

Thanks, Bernie Myers

All-

 

Since the nomination process requires that the person nominating you provide your ChampCar membership number, I recommend that anyone interested in being nominated post a quick note like Bernie did. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...