• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We will clearly be having a discussion at your next race.

AIV, folks. Let's let Chump do the police work and stop the grumbling. The Biohazard MR2 has been around a while. Always fast, but usually something goes wrong. Congrats to them, they put it all t

NEVER hit anyone intentionally. There is NEVER a good enough reason in crapcan racing to even think about it. This is not NASCAR. If you are joking, it is NOT funny.

Well, even the homemade ones have value right, or is everybody else just "forgetting" to add that kind of stuff into their AIV costs. Sure we could have "accidentally forgotten" to claim that stuff, but just like Sebring, we were honest with what the car had in it and with the car value right at $500, every little extra thing adds to being over $500. Shoot we even took the headers off of the car to keep you guys from complaining about us more, lol.

Are you really crying already after having won your last race??

Sir today you take me wrong, perhaps I type with less sensitivity then what I mean. No complaints, as you know we were not there, I was merely asking. Perhaps I have recently fabricated some home brew(no mill) caliper brackets and want to know the fail point with yours..

Not crying, Perhaps I am looking at the future where a bunch of modded, engine swap cars come out and prove your belief of the crappiness of the VG30DE. As of now we have over 6000 flat out race miles on our 150,000 unit with only 2 failures, a injector(happened at the shop) and the original water pump(noticed just after NOLA) Sure both you and I are finished if anything happens at the track, that is the field equalizer for those of us that choose a complex powerplant.

Well...bad news for RiffRAF today. Apparently in the incident on Saturday, there was more damage than we realized...I knew we'd be doing a lot of front end work...but apparently the rear suspension was broken as well as our RR wheel.

Sigh.

Maybe we should start building the next car instead...

I love how an E36 does not have to worry about AIV but my E28 does... Our gearing is way off, we will have a 3.73 by VIR.

you missed two key letters in that discussion my friend................ EC

they can pretty much run what they want as long as they follow the rules.

I do want to apologize to a white miata, ( I think 81 or thereabouts) Coming out of the 10a, 10b complex he snuck up beside me and I didn't see him and we banged doors a little. Sorry about that! I totally did not see you! I tried to track you down after my stint but I think I spoke with one of your crew guys.

Thumps up for your apology thomps down for your driving skills. We didn't bang doors I hit you twice to get you to move over becauce you ran me off the track at the exit of 10b.

David

• Like 1

For the record the Turn 1 crash with the TR6 I was a car width or more to the outside of it in Turn 1 past the corner station apex.

I looked out the right window and see the TR6 was oversteering towards the inner concrete wall.

It then snapped back and veered into my left front.

After that it was like being stuck in a washing machine with someone hitting it with a baseball bat.

To me its a racing incident, poop happens.

I put my hands up to getting overexcited early on and taking out an E30 in T7 (sorry!) but with the TR6 there was no initial contact by me.

I do want to apologize to a white miata, ( I think 81 or thereabouts) Coming out of the 10a, 10b complex he snuck up beside me and I didn't see him and we banged doors a little. Sorry about that! I totally did not see you! I tried to track you down after my stint but I think I spoke with one of your crew guys.

Travis, you spoke to me in the pits. Don't mind David, he and Pomroy are always finding contact. David probably deserved to be run off the track.

• Like 1

As long as this is an apology thread, i'd just like to apologize to everyone and say "thank you" at the same time. Road Atlanta was the first weekend for the #25 Roachwerks 240sx, and the very first race for two of our team. My first stint in the car Saturday, I flat out overdrove and made at least a half dozen mistakes. Rightfully so, I was black-flagged for a driver change and a well deserved cool-off. My second stint towards the end of Saturday was much more reserved. Sunday was even better for us and earned us the "Most Improved" award, which was certainly appreciated. I apologize to those whose race I may have made worse and promise to do better next time! :)

The car really was a handful to drive - we scrimped on tires since we didn't expect to run 14 hours and ended up on 3 year old 360 treadwear Falkens. It was very difficult to keep the rear end planted, so even though we had enough umph for the straights, we had to slow way down for the corners. This is reflected by the the two drivers with experience only being able to get into the 2:01's. Still, we had a blast and are looking forward to the next time, if you'll have us back! Thanks to the CCWS staff and all the workers at Road Atlanta!

Brandon

Travis, you spoke to me in the pits. Don't mind David, he and Pomroy are always finding contact. David probably deserved to be run off the track.

If you keep blocking me, I'm gonna give you the bumper. If I give you a lane and you drift into me rather then lift a little, I'm gonna hit you back. I'll also do my best to not dive bomb or take an ill advised pass. But poop does happen and I'm liable to F up sometimes. After an hour and a half in the car, sometimes you don't make the best split second decisions.

I don't remember anything that requires an apology from me at RA. I did get waaaaay sideways a couple of times passing in 7.

If you keep blocking me, I'm gonna give you the bumper. If I give you a lane and you drift into me rather then lift a little, I'm gonna hit you back. I'll also do my best to not dive bomb or take an ill advised pass. But poop does happen and I'm liable to F up sometimes. After an hour and a half in the car, sometimes you don't make the best split second decisions.

I don't remember anything that requires an apology from me at RA. I did get waaaaay sideways a couple of times passing in 7.

NEVER hit anyone intentionally. There is NEVER a good enough reason in crapcan racing to even think about it. This is not NASCAR. If you are joking, it is NOT funny.

• Like 2