Funny Infineon Story

Guest Methius

Guest Methius

Interesting story...

Dennis (a nationally competitive auto-x driver) shows up in Eugene to meet the rest of the team and asks why all of us have brought blow-up mattresses and pillows. I explain that we are sleeping in the enclosed trailer because a) the nearest hotel is 30 minutes away and B) it's free. He proceeds to get pissy with me because apparently he thought we were staying in a hotel all weekend. He reluctantly borrows sleeping stuff from Leo (Parid) and continues to complain about it the whole way down.

So the first night we spent on the road, and because the car was in the trailer.. we had no place to sleep. Enter the Roadway Inn in Yreka, CA. DIVE place, but 2 beds a hot shower in the morning and we brought enough matresses to setup shop. It was 60 bucks, we couldn't really complain.

Less than 20 minutes after we all decide to go to bed, Dennis gets up and proclaims that he can't sleep with 3 guys that snore and that he was going to go sleep in the truck (in the cab... not the bed). Whatever, go sleep in the truck.

2 nights at the track, and Dennis sleeps in the cab of the truck every night to avoid the 'snore fest 2010'. On the way home we stopped at the same Roadway Inn in Yreka and where does Dennis sleep? The truck.

4267121771_e9b41e9dee.jpg

So I ask you this Dennis... if you wanted to sleep in a hotel so bad in the beginning, why not actually sleep in the hotel?

Guest Methius

Also keep in mind that this is the same driver that thought his car sickness would just magically "go away"

He was wrong

4267118453_44efd8d47f.jpg

Cleaning chunks off the harness and HANS wasn't exactly my idea of a team captain job

I will tell you that the truck looks like it provided some great accomodations. It is a whole lot better than a lot of places I have laid my head. I am with him though, even though I may snore I cannot stand it when someone else does. My dog has caught a few things with his head when he decides to wake me up snoring.

As far as the whole blowing chunk thing, I can honestly say that that may be the first time I have ever heard of that happening. Honestly have never heard of the one driving getting sick at all before. Must have sucked for the next guy putting on that HANS device I hope it has since been issued a clorox bath.

• Race Control

the only people to respond to my post are my teammates. Awesome

Dude, it's 3am on the East coast! I'm sleeping! Remember, it's our job out here to provide commentary for you slackers to read when you get up in the morning. :P

The good thing about this, is it gives all us Newbies 2 more things to think about, sleeping accomodations, and car-sickness.

Since first race isnt till July, I think I will focus on home-made super chargers. You think I can cast one out of "Fix-All" and have it hold up?

Guest Sparky-Pete

Watch out you might get shagged by a rare parrott (

). I'm not actually sure I have your laps :v:. I'll try to sort it out but i'm so lazy.

Ok, now I really HAVE seen everything. :blink:

Sorry cpmskinny, I would normally be anti-camaro but I freaking hate german cars. I hope you bring your 4 point, 5 point, 6 point, 7 point, 8 point, and 9 point full torx bits sets with you so you to the race.

You know an allen set + hammer works just fine for those pesky torx heads. I am an American made car guy all of the way. Please do not misunderstand my angst to be towards Camaros in general, just the one that represents Ramrod racing. I have no friggin idea why we are racing a Jetta in the first place. I am leaning towards something with a Chevy V8 in it for next year. It may still be the Jetta though. ;)