To buy an enclosed trailer?

Guest Methius

Guest Methius

If I learned one thing about the last race (Streets) it's that having an enclosed trailer for hauling your car around (and sleeping in!) is the bee's knee's. We borrowed an enclosed trailer for Portland and Infineon but were unable to make it work for Streets. Big mistake!

I am forever thankful to Pete for hauling our butts around and providing a place to sleep... but overall i felt extremely unprepared.

Never again... never again....

Just picked up this bad-boy off craigslist.

3ka3o93pd5Oa5Rb5S9a2ed855cb7a4a541d52.jpg

3nc3ka3me5O15P55S5a2e4a8c28aab7691b8c.jpg

28' interior, 31' overall. 5500lb axels, 3000lb winch in the floor. Wired for 110 and fully let on the inside. Some dry-rot, but its steel beam construction so it just needs a couple pieces of plywood replaced. Erik is going to pick it up for me today in Bend. Total win!

If I learned one thing about the last race (Streets) it's that having an enclosed trailer for hauling your car around (and sleeping in!) is the bee's knee's. We borrowed an enclosed trailer for Portland and Infineon but were unable to make it work for Streets. Big mistake!

I am forever thankful to Pete for hauling our butts around and providing a place to sleep... but overall i felt extremely unprepared.

Never again... never again....

Just picked up this bad-boy off craigslist.

3ka3o93pd5Oa5Rb5S9a2ed855cb7a4a541d52.jpg

3nc3ka3me5O15P55S5a2e4a8c28aab7691b8c.jpg

28' interior, 31' overall. 5500lb axels, 3000lb winch in the floor. Wired for 110 and fully let on the inside. Some dry-rot, but its steel beam construction so it just needs a couple pieces of plywood replaced. Erik is going to pick it up for me today in Bend. Total win!

what brand is it?

yeah thats nice, but doubt I could convince the wife that I need 10k trailer to haul a $500 car around...

Though if i got it, it would give me a place to sleep, after the wife kicks me out. :lol:

Good thing guys on the team already have one. ;)

Guest Methius

yeah thats nice, but doubt I could convince the wife that I need 10k trailer to haul a $500 car around...

Though if i got it, it would give me a place to sleep, after the wife kicks me out. :lol:

Good thing guys on the team already have one. ;)

Try $3500! :) yeah, my wife thinks I'm crazy

Try $3500! :) yeah, my wife thinks I'm crazy

Enh, that's not crazy. I upgraded my 20' basic enclosed to a 48' gooseneck with living quarters up front. That's crazy. Generator, a/c, heat, flat screen... when our POS crap-can dies its inevitable death, at least we'll be comfortable! :) Hopefully John will let us park it someplace good to fly the ChumpCar banner and we'll have an extra gen, welder, compressor, etc. available to help everyone out.

(yeah, I plan to use it for my SCCA car too, don't let facts ruin a good crazy story)