Rockingham penalty laps

chisek

• Race Control

Many of you have expressed interest in the type of cars coming through tech and what if any penalty laps they are getting. I tried to follow the inspections and get pictures but got busy and only managed to photograph about half the cars. However, I can tell you that only one car received penalty laps. The USS Enterprise, shown below, got 20 laps for it's LS motor swap. There is a footnote to this though: the team pretty much expected to get those laps and didn't care. They just came to have a good time and they did!

Here is a link to a gallery of the cars so you can all see the type of cars that were running at Rockingham. Remember, these cars all passed tech as $500 cars.

IMG_2913.JPG

Yes, yes we got some laps, as expected, yes we had an awesome time. This series is all about fun & hard racing..... no BS, no senseless black flags, we paid to race, and we got what we paid for. The Enterprise is a hard working, loyal, tough race car. She came home as we expected... all used up. Look at the lap times after the race, that was any ones for the taking. Congrat to the pig rig, that car was on rails, Lab rats, a bridesmaid again. You'll get VIR for sure. Great meeting all you guys, I'll bring more beer next time, Lloyd..ahem, helped empty ours.

I will say that I did get embarrassed in one of my stints when the Enterprise passed me and I was unable to keep up. I remember saying over the radio at the time that it was embarrassing that I was being out cornered by something that really shouldnt even be on a race track and whoever was driving it was one hell of a wheelman. Though, that is the great thing about Chump, wide variety of cars and it is still close racing.

Ya it was good to see such a close field. I am the one that gave the penalty laps(after discussing with Lloyd); just can't overlook a chrome carb! And ya, they knew it was coming and didn't care. Glad to see all you guys working on the racing and not "the show". Hopefully I will have a car soon to mix it up with ya on track.

Ya it was good to see such a close field. I am the one that gave the penalty laps(after discussing with Lloyd); just can't overlook a chrome carb! And ya, they knew it was coming and didn't care. Glad to see all you guys working on the racing and not "the show". Hopefully I will have a car soon to mix it up with ya on track.

If ya don't get a ride going, we'll be happy to give you some seat time in the Enterprise & Snotrod at VIR. The Enterprise is a little hurt, but we'll get her ready. JIM

Jim,

WOW, having been through 3 similar races, I know what goes into a team, much less 3. I appreciate the offer. I got a seat already for the VIR event, and am trying to get my car there too. Oh, and on the enterprise, you may want to find a smaller gear for the steering rack, it is a lot of turning!!