Oh the shame

I went to Daytona with one overwhelming goal; do not get passed by the chevette.  Well, my head is hung low as I tell the world that it did indeed pass me.

My stint over, I was slowing for pit entry and glanced back out to the track, and there it was, going right past me.

The humiliation, indignity, embarrasement, and disgrace, I cannot take this.  I doubt I could ever show my face at a chump race again.

Daytona was a blast. 

I apologize to the two different guys who I scared to death when I looped the Flying Tigers Miata twice in three laps entering the bus stop around 2:30.  I simply went in way too fast a couple of times.

Thank you Optima Battery ChumpCar for a fantastic weekend.

Ricky

• Members

I went to Daytona with one overwhelming goal; do not get passed by the chevette.  Well, my head is hung low as I tell the world that it did indeed pass me.

My stint over, I was slowing for pit entry and glanced back out to the track, and there it was, going right past me.

The humiliation, indignity, embarrasement, and disgrace, I cannot take this.  I doubt I could ever show my face at a chump race again.

Daytona was a blast. 

I apologize to the two different guys who I scared to death when I looped the Flying Tigers Miata twice in three laps entering the bus stop around 2:30.  I simply went in way too fast a couple of times.

Thank you Optima Battery ChumpCar for a fantastic weekend.

Ricky

Pretty sure we have video of one of your spins... I'll see if I can't dig it out sometime this week for you.

The shame of being passed by Team Phoenix is not shrugged off easily.  Mrs. Butterman was appreciative of the humility it brings.

PS  Does anyone else family consider any weekend the best ever if the world "ChumpCar" is not mentioned during non racing activities?