My VIR

Guest Bavman25

Guest Bavman25

First of all, the driving was GREAT...we had 7 drivers, not one report of goofy driving, I am impressed. The organization was great, the track is awesome. The weather a little hot but what the heck was really nice at night. My first 24 hour race, takes lots of work, not much time for partying. The Alfa has now completed 2 endurance races with no problems. We had a lap belt get jammed, a driver that had to pee during the middle of his shift and some fuel starvation issues and that was about it. The non-Alfa guys on our team were impressed with the car. John can count on a full house for his next VIR event, better register early. I would love a late season split 16 hour race or something at VIR.....John are you on their list of contacts in case of cancellations?? Nov or Dec is doable there but night time would be rough.

Rev. Alonzo Graham Taylor III

Scuderia Gonzo Alonzo

Guest Bavman25

Also, I sent the BMW 5 series team over to my house to pick up a control arm in the middle of the night, I heard from my neighbor today that he heard a bunch of banging and was about to "throw some lead" that way....

His dog bit me in the ankle while I was under a car in my driveway, that says a lot about how it is out there.

Al

Also, I sent the BMW 5 series team over to my house to pick up a control arm in the middle of the night, I heard from my neighbor today that he heard a bunch of banging and was about to "throw some lead" that way....

His dog bit me in the ankle while I was under a car in my driveway, that says a lot about how it is out there.

Al

Thanks for the offer. We were very happy to have been unable to get the last bolt out, as the motor died shortly after they guys returned to the track.

Great event. Great folks.

The screen door squeaking on its hinges, the dark night, biting bugs, immense beetles and moths, the car graveyard atmosphere all contributed to an attempt at rapid parts retrieval. Sadly we could not get one of the bolts off. Your directions were spot-on and we kept an eye out for the killer Jack Russell Terror. Thanks for the offer. BMW folks are the best!