Charlotte photo and video thread

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you Pintodave, you guys seem to be doing the same with your town car.   Its going to take forever (1300 min) to download the video gt30 requested, this will be front fender cam of the entire r

i don't feel that deliberate contact is acceptable in this series regardless of race length.  certainly sprint racing tends to be physically closer than enduros and some minor contact is inevitable bu

clip of the hit that max took during sprint race #5.  fortunately the car was still drivable and went on to finish 11th in the enduro.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLICLrLMWHc

jesus

wtf are these people thinking?

Tight course, frustration over the triple booking causing the tight course, a drive to do well in cars configured for something entirely different, car tires below temp, tire pressures wrong, high ambient temperatures, very little attitude and in our case a bad push that was workable with the application of excessive throttle.

I think the good thing is the sprints proved that the Eastern Region does not run at 110% during the endurace races, more like 102%. :lol:  :lol:

sprints are always going to run at near 100%, which is part of the draw and fun.

There was certainly a lot of novice driving in these video's and one big rookie mistake is thinking you are going to win in the first corner, so you overdrive the car into the car in front of you, resulting in broken cars that cannot continue.

stupid, dangerous, and expensive

but this is what you can expect when you have drivers with little road course experience and possibly no formal instruction.

You had to be there, incredible work inside the car, no time to look at the gauges to see if your tiny cooling fan is working sub 100mph, it was comical from the sidelines, we were cracking jokes.

^^ This

Plus I don't know a whole lot of people in chump, but from what I was hearing on the sidelines is there were a lot of "experts" that sure weren't driving like it either...

You had to be there, incredible work inside the car, no time to look at the gauges to see if your tiny cooling fan is working sub 100mph, it was comical from the sidelines, we were cracking jokes.

I was really just commenting on the video posted.

whoever hit the camera car was out of control, and I personally hate to drive on the same track with drivers that have no or little control over themselves or their cars.

Camera car left PLENTY of room on the inside of that corner and was keeping pace with the lead cars...there was no reason for the Miata or Miata's to hit him.

AND he was hit three freakin times.  Holy hell I would have been pissed.

Imagine if that was a rental driver who had ONE sprint race to run and that crash cause a tire rub or blown tire?  Now he is out of the race after spending money and time to be there.

again, drivers with either no experience or no talent...and they could have ruined the day for other drivers not so foolish

• Like 2

^^ This

Plus I don't know a whole lot of people in chump, but from what I was hearing on the sidelines is there were a lot of "experts" that sure weren't driving like it either...

if they are punting people off the track for no reason, as was done in that video, then they should be black flagged....or DQ'd after the race.

bring the video footage to the officials and let them make a determination.

My shoulders still ache from trying to get our non-power steering Miata around that infield course.  It was tough on drivers, tires and brakes.  I will not be doing another infield sprint race.  I think a sprint on the roval would have been very, very different (and better).

I admittedly got into a green neon or saturn #155? in the last sprint, went over found those guys and offered up an apology.  Totally my fault.  They were cool, I declined the offer of my red paint back off their wheel haha.  They had no damage at all.  Unfortunately i bent a tie rod on the miata, but we easily got it replaced and finished 13th in the enduro, short pitting every hour to get the whole team time in the car.  I wish i had video but our camera was on the non-running bimmer.  :(

if they are punting people off the track for no reason, as was done in that video, then they should be black flagged....or DQ'd after the race.

bring the video footage to the officials and let them make a determination.

If you were looking in the mirror or fretting about ANYTHING except your next muscle movement you just crashed, you REALLY needed to be there in person to understand, because of this there were very few hurt feelings in comparison to the number of bad moves.

If you were looking in the mirror or fretting about ANYTHING except your next muscle movement you just crashed, you REALLY needed to be there in person to understand, because of this there were very few hurt feelings in comparison to the number of bad moves.

I'm not certain, but are you referring to the incident in the video?

From what I understand, the race was actually very clean with few incidents?  That was the race report that I read anyways...

I'm not sure if you are defending the actions of the Miata's in that video?

I understand that it was an action packed race, with some close racing.  Been there done that.

If a driver finds that they cannot handle the close action, then they should probably just pull off and let another team member take the car out?

We should all be aware of our limitations, and try not to ruin another racers day by punting them off the track for no reason.

I am talking in general, its clear you didn't like what you saw but like Jer, all of our team *with* power steering still hurt today from how physical and difficult those 40 min races were, glaring mistakes were everywhere and in hindsight it is easy to pick them up and lose the big picture, by no means should the bad actions be viewed as absolutely incompetent, fortunately as the day unfolded there was lots of downtime to fix the mechanicals inured.

Yeah, I'm not excusing the actions of that Miata anymore than my bump of the green Saturn, but if you did these races, you have a little more forgiveness.  It was brutal.  Fun, but brutal. 

• Like 1

I am talking in general, its clear you didn't like what you saw but like Jer, all of our team *with* power steering still hurt today from how physical and difficult those 40 min races were, glaring mistakes were everywhere and in hindsight it is easy to pick them up and lose the big picture, by no means should the bad actions be viewed as absolutely incompetent, fortunately as the day unfolded there was lots of downtime to fix the mechanicals inured.

I would hope that nobody on here liked what they saw on the video

I would hope that chump car does not become known for this kind of driving contact or give the impression to outsiders and racers looking to join chump car that it is okay because our shoulders were sore

In that video, it was the start of the race, so nobody should be exhausted, much less all that busy checking gauges

That incident wasn't the result of anything but aggression and driving over their head

I can understand mistakes, but by the third hit it is no longer excusable

I wasn't going to bother responding, but was frankly amazed that you or anyone else would defend this sort of behavior

I enjoyed being pushed from behind during the sprints :(

A] There were 2 cars within inches in front of me and one next to me. 

B] We were going faster than just about every car there, so it's not like I was in the way!

C] What does pushing me solve?

D] If you succeeded you would have completed a pit maneuver, taking us out of 1st place.  Then poppa would have been a tad more upset.

It's not a huge deal, but not a neccessary action either.

• Like 1

I enjoyed being pushed from behind by the mat black E36.

A] There were 2 cars within inches in front of me and one next to me. 

B] We were going faster than just about every car there, so it's not like I was in the way!

C] What does pushing me solve?

D] If you succeeded you would have completed a pit maneuver, taking us out of 1st place.  Then poppa would have been a lot less nice when I asked what you were doing.

These are real people and real cars.  Not bumper cars with crash dummies.  It's not a huge deal, but not a necessary action either.

And that is just it....a little tap now and again or some work together bump drafting is understandable

Flat out punting is inexcusable

clip of the hit that max took during sprint race #5.  fortunately the car was still drivable and went on to finish 11th in the enduro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLICLrLMWHc

Did the same person hit you twice?

And this goes back to the patience thing. I have said it before and usually am told "It's not like that in the races I am in" yet every thread has more than one video of someone just straight up dive bombing someone. If that is the same car hitting you twice I would be fuming.

*edit*

3 times...

• Like 1

I think that what happened is due to the change of configuration during lunch. Guys that ran the first track were surprised by the first turn that came way sooner on the second configuration.

I've way worst in other vids. Remember the three guys on the back straight at daytona or the hit from behind in the straight at the glen. Sprints are way more prone to these hits, i agree, but i don't think it's was that bad. I've even seen worst during the enduro in the infield in front of me and 3 cars connecting under the start/finish. It's part of racing.