pintodave

Charlotte photo and video thread

Which one of you guys tried to kill me in the video here?  With two laps left to go during the Enduro.  Please tell me that you have in car video of what happened.  I'm not pissed, and still think that you're #1 :)

Edit: Not sure why the link isn't going right to the incident.  Fast Forward to 1:01:55

Nice raised spoiler on that stock white e36 (45 sec) :P

This was our first CumpCar event... did the Enduro only... bone stock '94 E36 with a fish tank on the roof.  Had a blast.. managed not to hit anyone (Jake did manage to hit one barrier but no real damage to the car).   Great to race with everyone and looking forward to VIR and Charlotte again in November.

If we offended anyone let us know.. still learning!

Which one of you guys tried to kill me in the video here?  With two laps left to go during the Enduro.  Please tell me that you have in car video of what happened.  I'm not pissed, and still think that you're #1 :)

Edit: Not sure why the link isn't going right to the incident.  Fast Forward to 1:01:55

Our fox was on the inside and, from our vantage point in the pit, looked like you were squeezed between us and the miata because he tried to pass on the outside.... Either way our rim is nicely chewed and coated in red....

I watched Tirewarmer's video a few times just to see what the issue was and I don't think the Miata was solely to blame for that contact. You previously saw a car go zipping by you low and followed him to the bottom of the track then when you came upon a slower car you went up to pass him without noticing there was another car about to pass the pair of you to the outside. If you saw the faster car earlier in the video how did you not see the Miata approaching as well?

Can anyone provide a link to any photo albums from Charlotte? 

We had an organizational snafu and did not get to take any pictures. :(

Thanks,

William

I have video from both of the C3 and C4 sprints and the first 3.5 hours of the enduro, just no way to post em for a few more weeks.

And I would like to see some stills also if anyone took some. Thanks

I was the person driving 68 during our 2 contacts. I wasn't going to post this publicly but since you said, "love" twice I'll abide. :) I did come up to you after we touched in T1 because I wanted to be polite about it. We went 2 wide, bumped, and I thought I'd be a gentleman about it. I didn't find you after the second time because I went back to my hotel to get away from the heat and cool down to start the enduro a few hours later. As you will see in the video you were consistently taking the last turn (not sure the turn number - let's call it 13) in a way that chopped me off. Defensive line, I understand but when I was suddenly beside you and you made that move it didn't turn out well. Staying left and then abruptly turning in seemed to be the way you were taking T13 so I patiently waited to get a run on you down the "straight" so I could get beside you and get by in or just after T13 or entering T1. I thought that if I was beside you you wouldn't make that move. I even noticed you had a real mirror on the right side vs. the oval mirror inside the car on the drivers side. In the 2nd contact, the one that sent you spinning, I was about 80% beside you in the braking zone of T13 when you turned in aggressively again and I had no where to go. Look specifically at :11 in the second video. I went from about 80% braking to full threshold in an attempt to avoid you and that decision meant we made contact less door to door and more my front left corner to your rear, sending you spinning. In my opinion, I had the right to be where I was. It was an aggressive move on my part but it was a move that I was confident would work, without contact. In past laps I was out braking you in 13 so when I got a run I took it. I was in 2nd or 3rd place at the time and that super fast green Integra was checking out on me. A few laps earlier he caught me and I gave him room to pass. I knew I couldn't keep up with him so I was just trying to be consistent and hope he made a mistake. He had been black flagged twice the sprint before so I just hoped he got 1 black flag this race because I certainly wasn't going to catch him without destroying the tires. I'm a big fan of close racing and in the 6 years of club racing I've had a clean history so don't think I was out to spin you. I was watching and waiting for the opportunity to get by you safely and unfortunately the defensive move you made in T13 didn't work.

1st contact (T1 @ :59) -

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8AKFM4aw50

2nd contact -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-voKv8JPmE

Finally got to see the second vid just now.  You weren't anywhere at fault.   Nuff said.

edit, I wasn't the driver.

Finally got to clip and edit a short video, excuse the quality, apparently low light does not get along with a $30 taxi cab grade ebay china dash cam.

Note: Same crackhead squirrel from the sprint race ;)

>http://youtu.be/7e7jTd7bh0M

• Like 1

Huh? I have never locked a vid, is anyone else having issue?

Same for me. Should be a setting on who can view the video...

On your page go to Video Manager > Edit > Info and settings > Privacy Settings

Finally got to clip and edit a short video, excuse the quality, apparently low light does not get along with a $30 taxi cab grade ebay china dash cam.

Note: Same crackhead squirrel from the sprint race ;)

>http://youtu.be/7e7jTd7bh0M

Fixed it

Guest Tirewarmer

Our fox was on the inside and, from our vantage point in the pit, looked like you were squeezed between us and the miata because he tried to pass on the outside.... Either way our rim is nicely chewed and coated in red....

Sorry, I hadn't checked this thread for awhile and figured that no one saw what happened.

In the car, it really felt like there was contact first from the rear corner and then on the left side as I tried to straighten it out, so your info really does help explain things.  Is your car the black fox and/or does it have black wheels?  I saw what looked like clack paint on the driver side of the car that seems to have come from this incident.

Is the wheel ok?  I have a bunch of 14x6 4x100 VW wheels and I'd like to replace it if you guys want a wheel.  Even though I think that was an optimistic pass at best from the miata, I'd like to at least offer something for what our car did to yours.

Were you guys the fox that was at VIR this weekend?

Guest Tirewarmer

I watched Tirewarmer's video a few times just to see what the issue was and I don't think the Miata was solely to blame for that contact. You previously saw a car go zipping by you low and followed him to the bottom of the track then when you came upon a slower car you went up to pass him without noticing there was another car about to pass the pair of you to the outside. If you saw the faster car earlier in the video how did you not see the Miata approaching as well?

Seriously?

The people that were actually there and saw the incident wrote:

And

Yeah, I remember seeing that from the pits.  It was a little aggressive for the last lap or two, anytime actually.

The rules are pretty clear on putting the ownership on completeing a clean pass on the overtaking driver:

8.7. On-Track Driver Conduct

8.7.1. It is the responsibility of all drivers to avoid physical contact between cars on the race track.

8.7.1.1. All competitors have a right to “racing room†on the marked racing surface. “Racing room†shall be generally defined as sufficient space on the marked racing surface so as to allow a competitor to maintain control of his/her car in close quarters, under racing conditions.

8.7.2. The responsibility for the decision to pass another car and to accomplish that pass safely rests with the overtaking driver. The driver that is about to be overtaken has the responsibility to be aware that he or she is about to be passed, give hand-signals and shall not impede the overtaking car.

8.7.2.1. The driver being overtaken should, at all times, remain on the racing line unless the car is impaired and is unable to maintain an adequate racing speed.

8.7.2.2. The driver being overtaken shall not block. Any driver who fails to make use of their rear view mirror, or who appears to be blocking another car seeking a pass, may be black flagged and/or penalized.

8.7.2.3. It is the responsibility of the overtaking car to prepare for, plan and execute a FULL and COMPLETE safe pass. The definition of a full and complete pass is when the overtaking car has

Taking into account that:

1. This was an Enduro with time for two laps left,

2. That the miata definitely wasn't along side of me, since you can't see him in my side mirror

3. That we are going 120 mph+ at the point

4. That our car was hit exactly at the braking point for one of the most dangerous turns on the track onto the infield

5. That a Miata wouldn't fit in that space between me and the concrete wall

I'd say that it was an optimistic pass at best.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not pissed about it at all.  I just would have tucked in behind my car if I was the miata driver and not made contact with my right rear there.  And i really just posted to get see if anyone had video from behind from that incident with two laps left, which I'd still love to see.  Miata guy, post video please so we can talk about it over a beer sometime :)

Found this vid of sprint #1 searching through youtube. 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1QB83iLOY8

I saw the driving get increasingly aggressive as the day went on.  #1 was pretty relaxed, but nobody knew the course and we didn't do double file starts.

My favorite part is right about 3:00.  Classy :huh:

I need to get the vid from our camera uploaded.

I'm just curious how they got that much of their arm out the window with the new rules for the window net? Tech not doing their job?

Board, should be doing something outside but here I am watching this again... So many things happened that day/night (racing till 2am) Good times, cluster f*** and all.🥰

Our first and last fender cam.

• Like 1

2013 thread.  Man I didn't know we could even locate these haha

• Like 1

Ahh, memories.  Those sprint races wore me out.  It was like a glorified auto-x.  Only time I've ever regretted removing the PS from our car.  Unfortunately we had electrical issues for the night portion and barely turned any laps.  We did get a spirit award; I think the staff felt bad for us after I came back into the garage for the umpteenth time around midnight (we spent hours trying to figure it out), got out of the car and proceeded to kick the drivers door in while screaming profanities, lol.  I was soo mad. Charlotte is my nemesis.