BIR MAP Proving Grounds Standing Still Shootout Results

Guest rabbitae86

Guest rabbitae86

Hello fellow chumpers.  Our team is still in the process of testing and tuning our car before we can jump on board with the chumpcar series.  We did however attend Modern Automotive Performance Proving Grounds race event this past weekend.  Its been a long 11 months to get this car to where it is at now.  Her name is "ill time."

Our best lap time for standing still shootout at BIR 108.1 We took first for FWD unlimited and second for unlimited over all.  Watch out for us next year. =)

post-4487-0-35615600-1372097651_thumb.jp

Guest rabbitae86

15x8 Konig Wide Open wheels 

225/50r15 Toyo RA1

eBay suspension parts

(coilovers, camber kits etc.)

LS tranny 

B18b1 block with a GSR head

dynoed at a very low 141 whp

=)

1:48 would be an excellent lap time at BIR. Obviously there hasn't been a chumpcar race there since it has been repaved, but I expect the fastest lap of the race to be right in that area. I don't speak Honda, so I have no idea how close your setup is to being valued at $500, but make sure to come out to the July race and maybe volunteer and get a behind the scenes view if you have the time.

Would want to check the swap rules on that. i am not familiar with them, but something tells me putting diff motor in a civic, with a different tranny, and a GSR head, not to mention the coilovers, and "ebay suspension parts' .... and first thought i think penalty laps for sure...

I used to own a

1991 civic si
2000 civic si

and currently own

a 2006 civic si - and want to sell it!

Guest rabbitae86

Yes been reading the rules and trying to figure out how we can get "ill time" down or close to $500.  I think we might come out just to spectate and get a feel of what we're really getting ourselves into.

Yes been reading the rules and trying to figure out how we can get "ill time" down or close to $500.  I think we might come out just to spectate and get a feel of what we're really getting ourselves into.

Bear in mind that the rules for next year are coming out in September, so you'll want to get familiar with them to know how the value of your car plays out.

Welcome to the madhouse, you're going to have a lot of fun.

I say bring it and run it. 

You might get a few laps in tech, but you will have a blast. 

i would like that Red0 but I have liked too much already today!  Volunteering is a great way to be able to see what it is like. I strongly suggest it!

• Technical Advisory Committee

i would like that Red0 but I have liked too much already today!  Volunteering is a great way to be able to see what it is like. I strongly suggest it!

Yes, second only to running in the event. If the car\cage is safety legal I would suggest they run it. If it is not legal from a safety standpoint, then volunteering is the best way to learn about ChumpCar.

quick time! I'd love to see team brooklyn race chumpcar! You guys are more than welcome to come hang out in our pits at the BIR race (assuming our car somehow makes it off jackstands before then) 

I saw the cage going in, I can't remember if it was just a roll bar or a cage, but obviously that is the first thing to address before it will be race legal/safe.

MOAR FAST HONDAS!

Guest rabbitae86

Awesome, thanks guys!  I will try and convince the team or at least a few of the members to come check out this event.  Also where would you sign up to be a volunteer?