Nelsons Ledges First Lap Trip Into The Tires

I was in the Shadow with the ZX2 on my left rear quarter panel when it went off. I never even saw the car leave the track. This was my view:

ZX2 in mirror.

Go through carousel.

ZX2 no longer in mirror.

Next lap, ZX2 over tire barrier.

I talked to you guys to make sure the driver didn't feel I had pinched him or forced him off track.

I was wondering about the drivers that had their armbands removed from the race this past weekend. And I believe a few of them did, my question is what happens to those drivers if they want to race again ? Does Chump give them a second chance or what ? I'll leave it at that and let the masses chime in. And hopefully John or other powers that be will give a firm anwser.

I know some people have problems and sometimes I wonder about it myself should this person be actually racing.

I was in the Shadow with the ZX2 on my left rear quarter panel when it went off. I never even saw the car leave the track. This was my view:

ZX2 in mirror.

Go through carousel.

ZX2 no longer in mirror.

Next lap, ZX2 over tire barrier.

I talked to you guys to make sure the driver didn't feel I had pinched him or forced him off track.

I am the team captain, not the driver in the incident, but I did not feel anyone but my driver was at fault. I am very upset with him that such a thing would happen, let alone on the first lap. I still have not heard his version of what happened, some heated words were thrown out by me and the story was never discussed. Was hoping someone captured it on video. I am embarrased that a driver of mine allowed such a thing to happen, especially after the drivers meeting where they stressed how important it was to be conservative and stay on the pavement. I want to personally apologize to the other drivers and chumpcar on behalf of my team. I am very happy this mishap did not involve any other cars and only affected us.

• Like 3

I was wondering about the drivers the had their armbands removed from the race this past weekend. And I believe a few of them did, my question is what happens to those drivers if they want to race again ? Does Chump give them a second chance or what ? I'll leave it at that and let the masses chime in. And hopefully John or other powers that be will give a firm anwser.

I know some people have problems and sometimes I wonder about it myself should this person be actually racing.

If my driver had his armband removed I haven't heard about it. We spoke very little. As far as I was concerned he wasn't getting in the car again, armband or no armband.

I believe the arm band removal was administered to the Miata team that spun 5+ times and then rolled on the out lap after being black flagged and talked to in the penalty box.

Lol... I don't mean to laugh at something that could have potentially hurt somone else, but seriously... HA. Thats like the drunk at the bar who after being warned several times that he has had enough starts to throw a fit in protest and turns around, walks straight into a support beam, and knocks him self out.... True Story and a most appropriate analogy if I do say so myself. Thank god they didn't ruin anyone elses day. 

If my driver had his armband removed I haven't heard about it. We spoke very little. As far as I was concerned he wasn't getting in the car again, armband or no armband.

Wasn't pointing any fingers at you at all, just posted the question when the thought occured to me.

Two things come to my mind as I watch the video. The first; did something break in the left front that may have caused him to lose steering input? Second; Was this his very first time driving at Nelson and did he simply not watch where he was going and drove off the track?

If the car did in fact roll over it was due to momentum and the tire wall, not his driving per se.

To Stiggy; That camera view provides a very good view of your head and eye movements and you look in your mirrors far too often when going through corners. Try to focus on looking in your mirrors before you begin to brake and turn in to the apex. Looking ahead is critical when cornering. Look to your turn in point as you approach, look to your apex as you turn in and look to your exit as you apex. You should know when a faster car is going inside or outside of you as you approach the corner, do not look for them as you are cornering. People tend to drive where they are looking and you'll find yourself actually driving into someone before you know it.

Btw, what car were you driving?

• Like 1