Calabogie - North Region Chumpionship

Guest ChumpCar

Guest ChumpCar

GOOD MORNING, RACE FANS!

This is Canada!  Where cars are fast, the moose are big and beer is served for breakfast!

We are preparing to start this weekend's Double-7 Chumpionship race, where a cumulative total of each car's laps from Saturday AND Sunday will apply to which team is named 2014 North Region Chumpions.  

There's a lot on the line for today's event... a total of $10,000 in ChumpChange and sponsor awards are on the finish line, including Optima Battery products, OMP driver suits, Red Line Oil products, BodShotz from Bruce High Performance Transporters, product certificates from Cometic Gasket and Frozen Rotors, gear bags from ChumpCar, and more product certificates from Street Rate Parts and Perry Performance.  Awards will be distributed to ALL teams qualifying in today's race, AND we're providing awards to the top 3 non-qualifying teams, as well.

Oh, and did I mention the TROPHIES!  These are special... and big... and worth driving hard for!

The weather is UNFREAKINGBELEIVEABLE!  Yesterday, during open practice, it was 22 C (that's 77 F for those of you who are still using a 1/2" socket when you need a 13mm).  We're looking at the exact same weather forecast for the next two days!  The skies are clear and brilliant blue.  Sunshine is abundant and I'm working on my tan.  The real treat is that the season is changing and the natural surroundings are ablaze in colour -- reds, greens, oranges, yellows and rusty browns.  It's picture-postcard perfect. 

35 cars will engage the Calabogie challenge... and it will be a challenge.  This track is not a push-over.  It's a rhythm track -- you gotta get the rhythm from the beginning or you're toast.  It flows but it requires technical precision.  Lots and lots of topography; 2-3 blind entrances to corners; more than a few decreasing radius corners and two very WOT straights.  It's a great track for a wide mix of cars.

More to come... stay tuned.

Word has it that Carl( and most of you up thar know who i'm talking about) has tried to corrupt the northern staff last night with Gentleman Jack.

Well hopefully he will be in the car first sunday so tbe rest of you can have a chance.

Steve,when will you learn...he's a bad influence on you and your team ;)

• Like 3

Follow up on Go! Racing 743. The wreck car got a new life in the #3 car after we donnated our engine to help the team. For my part, i'm back home, I had to calm my wife and show her I was fine since she was'nt at the track yesterday. I'm still fine, but my neck is getting a little stiff. Other then that, I hope all teams have a nice safe day. GO CHUMP

• Like 1