Charlotte Pics and Vids

sgtskid

B&W Racing (car #418 - red E36 with a fish tank on the roof) managed to hit the tire wall three times (only once did we bowl all the way through - and yes, it was me driving).... Here is a short video of my bonehead move of the race... trying to go fast on a restart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PnmuNp9hsc

We had a blast and managed to come in 12th... much more fun that we thought... Saturday was an 11 in my book

WAIT!!!!!!

IS THAT WHITE CONVERT.A LINCOLN???

I need info...looks awesome

Nope, that was our Mercillac.  98 Mercedes S500 with 64 Deville coachwork.   

Lasted for 3 glorious (actually painfully slow as it was in limp mode) laps before blowing another freeze plug out of the head.  That in addition the the slush box slipping as well spells her last race.

She's dead and will most likely be the raw materials for a little over 200 washer drier combos this time next year.

Such a bummer, she was a fine beast!

• Like 2

You won an award for that from the track crew, but you missed the awards ceremony.

Okay.. so now i get to add another thing to my "not the best move of the day" list... 

I do want to emphasis how much FUN we had on Saturday... honestly a blast.. and it is 100% because of all the great teams out there... HUGE thanks to everyone!

Guest What was I thinking

Did they open up the Chicane on the back stretch mid morning and then tighten it up again later in the day?  Not sure if my driving got better after one of the cautions or if the track got easier...

• Like 2

Did they open up the Chicane on the back stretch mid morning and then tighten it up again later in the day?  Not sure if my driving got better after one of the cautions or if the track got easier...

A little of both maybe? It did change from wall repair to repair, I was eye-ballin' where the tires were in relation to the painted lines on the track..... a 6"-12" move did make a difference  :)

20131123_071528_zps18739441.jpg

Before the race.

20131123_171106_zpsee07e198.jpg

After the race. The hit to the inside wall in the back straight chicane was pretty hard, in hindsight he would have probably been better to just it the tires like everybody else.

All in all we were happy, no mechanical issues and our first top 10 in only our third race. At Charlotte every one of our issues were human related, 2 spins at the chicane, being sandwiched between the wall and a Firebird in the tri-oval, and deciding that we only needed a can and a half of fuel to finish the race and not have to worry about having a lot of fuel sitting in the car over the winter………..

Apologies about that sandwich. :P

Glad you guys came out of it with cosmetic damage only. It was entirely my fault, being my second lap on the course. I was still uneasy in the car and on the track and made a rookie move (moving off line to allow the #77 Mustang by rather than sticking to my line and letting him negotiate a safe passing maneuver). Congrats on the top 10!