Any Chumps heading out to the track next weekend (01/25/2014 and 01/26/2014) for the Rolex 24?

Members of Lead Sled will be around at different times throught the weekend, let us know where your at. We're know to carry beer, just not the kinds most people enjoy.

I will be there Saturday morning and not leaving the track till the race is over on Sunday. This will be my first time back since 2007. I will be mainly in the grandstands at the entry of infield.

We should be there around 11 or 12 noon Sat., how late we stay depends... I'd like to stay til at least dark:30 and catch a little night action.

I'll be ariving with the girlfriend, stepdad, and some of his former team mates from when they ran the 24 Hrs in the 80's. Once the race starts we will be all over the place (much like a typical day on-track as well B) )  with the other Lead-Sled team mates....

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see who's doing what!

Ok, I may be in the minority, but to me, the view from the top of the grandstands, just under the suites is the best. You can see almost the entire track, catch all the action and a great view of exciting turn one. Yes, to experience the sound, fury and smells of the prototypes, being in the infield is better. But to watch the racing, the empty grandstand can't be beat. It is also the least expensive way to watch the Continental race which is my favorite since the cars are closest to Chumpers.

No yellow flag. The Ferrari had lost power and was pulled over to the outside at basically a coast as I imagine he tried to figure out what was up. The DP car was chasing behind if I remember a Porsche. He ducked left to get around the car in front of him, as they were heading directly into the light from the setting sun. As he maneuvered around the Porsche to the left, they both were pulling around the Ferrari. I don't think the driver of the DP car ever even saw the Sickly Ferrari due to the sunlight being in his eyes… I saw the crash as it happened and it made me jump.. The entire situation came out of nowhere……..

• Like 2

No yellow flag. The Ferrari had lost power and was pulled over to the outside at basically a coast as I imagine he tried to figure out what was up. The DP car was chasing behind if I remember a Porsche. He ducked left to get around the car in front of him, as they were heading directly into the light from the setting sun. As he maneuvered around the Porsche to the left, they both were pulling around the Ferrari. I don't think the driver of the DP car ever even saw the Sickly Ferrari due to the sunlight being in his eyes… I saw the crash as it happened and it made me jump.. The entire situation came out of nowhere……..

The car was a Ferrari not a Porsche.   I saw the accident from a in car camera that was following from behind.  Too bad Gidley did not go right instead of left, the track was wide open.

Pretty-much, altho' from what I saw when Fox started showing replays, the sun was the least of Gidley's problems -- he picked the absolute worst time to try to get around the backmarker; even if he could have seen clearly, he had no time to react.

Pretty-much, altho' from what I saw when Fox started showing replays, the sun was the least of Gidley's problems -- he picked the absolute worst time to try to get around the backmarker; even if he could have seen clearly, he had no time to react.

In retrospect, the Krohn Ferrari should have stayed wide to the right, and then Gidley could have seen both and split them.  As it was, though, it looks as though the Ferrari he hit (and I'm forgetting the team and am too lazy to look them up) was completely screened from him by the Krohn Ferrari.  Also, if I remember right, the driver position in the Corvette DP is on the right-hand side of the car, which would have made the visibility of the disabled vehicle even worse.

In retrospect, the Krohn Ferrari should have stayed wide to the right, and then Gidley could have seen both and split them.  As it was, though, it looks as though the Ferrari he hit (and I'm forgetting the team and am too lazy to look them up) was completely screened from him by the Krohn Ferrari.  Also, if I remember right, the driver position in the Corvette DP is on the right-hand side of the car, which would have made the visibility of the disabled vehicle even worse.

The car that got hit was the Risi Ferrari (GTLM) and the car that was getting passed was the 65 GTD Ferrari. The crash happened pretty much in my front of me of where I was sitting (Grandstand at the entry of the infield/end of pit road).

WHAT no live updates , how many beers consumed ? winning label ? sights ?  NADA , you chumps on the seen ain't  getting it done !!  Next year I'm taken over..

You know, I am a little disappointed in myself. We were definitely tame. It got too damn chilly out considering we didn't plan on camping out... we hung out in Nascar3 until about 8:30 (we would have been gone a little earlier but ended up drunk-sitting this chick we know for a while before pawning her off on to one of our other team drivers - that was reasonably entertaining!)