** EDIT 8/2017 ** - because photobucket now sucks and requires a paid acct for 3rd party hosting, here is the entire build album that has photobucket pictures from the build, sorry for photobucket sucking. 

http://s657.photobucket.com/user/pintodave/library/Camaro build

I'll just leave this here...

20140130_205624_zps458af530.jpg

Though it might be fun to document the build.

Edited by pintodave
  • Like 5

The 2014 Chump E36! Lots of good parts on it from the factory, easy to drive, plenty of cars around for spares. If I was starting in Chump this year, I'd be building one of these. :)

P.S. Does this Camaro have fog lamps? ;)

• Like 1

Awesome. I've been driving an LT1 6 speed for 12 years on the road but I just can't bring myself to chump it. Make sure you have spare fuel pump, and Distributor. Get an MSD Not OEM Optispark. I never got more than 3 years out of an optispark and they are a pain to change. Make improvements in air to the rad cause they get hot when pushed hard even if all is in order.   

and Distributor. Get an MSD Not OEM Optispark. I never got more than 3 years out of an optispark and they are a pain to change. 

+$50 tcv :)

Amazing how many BMW haters can't wait to find the next car to push the limits of the new rules.

The BMW hating is just competitive fun...

The pushing the rules part - this is still a competitive form of motorsports right?

• Like 3

The pushing the rules part - this is still a competitive form of motorsports right?

The competition's supposed to be out on the track, not in the tech line or the e-mail link between the players and the refs. (See all the screaming and griping about the [blown] rules call in GTD at this year's Rolex 24.)

The competition's supposed to be out on the track, not in the tech line or the e-mail link between the players and the refs. (See all the screaming and griping about the [blown] rules call in GTD at this year's Rolex 24.)

Absolutely. My point is (as mender pointed out) if you are starting with a new build, why wouldn't you do what's best for you? Building a cage costs just as much in a Civic as a Camaro. I got a stupid deal on the car, there are a few nice parts on it that I can't use per the Chump rulebook (or without taking some value hits) that I can resell, I really like American V8 platforms, so sounds like the best-case scenario for a new build!

The whole "rules/tech" thing is a necessary evil that will always be debated as long as there is more than one car on the starting grid... Someone will always have something to complain about. Me included. Import guys included. BMW guys included... Might as well have some fun with it!!!

• Like 4

Amazing how many BMW haters can't wait to find the next car to push the limits of the new rules.

No haters here, there's a '99 328i in the driveway (daughter's car) and my partner is the general manager of a BMW delearship. Most shop nights start with a quick test-drive of the latest toy that he drove out in! And I miss my '73 tii, although doing a thorough resto-mod on a customer's tii allowed me to play!

The BMW hating is just competitive fun...

No worries , you don't even rate on the hate-o-meter, just a little commentary on what the next gen of cheaty is looking like (while I'm told not to worry because an E36 will still be competitive with 5 penalty laps next year) 

Anyone other than me not give a raging flying frack what the supposed Pro Series are up to?????

Barber in the AM. The Museum is an art gallery..... Oh My Ffffffing gout.

• Like 1

Damn... you're a grumpy old man.

"Wait'll they get a load of *me*... oooooo... oop... oop... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Pintodave: Of course, do what best serves your build -- but do keep in mind *why* Mr. Condren has valuations of everything: If a car's value is low because of some inherent flaw, then adding or changing stuff to reduce or eliminate that flaw should by nature put the value up; and further adding or changing stuff to make the unit a "proper racer" should put the value up even further.

And for the love of god, everyone, do *NOT* descend to "the meaning of 'is'" levels of semantic torture; no good can come of this. :)

Pintodave: Of course, do what best serves your build -- but do keep in mind *why* Mr. Condren has valuations of everything: If a car's value is low because of some inherent flaw, then adding or changing stuff to reduce or eliminate that flaw should by nature put the value up; and further adding or changing stuff to make the unit a "proper racer" should put the value up even further.

It already does, via TCV. :)

• Like 1

Yup Tcv is intended to be the equalizer - and I actually like the new rules, everything is spelled out pretty clear. The more I re-read them the more of my questions are answered lol.

The other equalizer is gas mileage - which is why I will probably never win a chump race!!!! :)

My intention with this build is for it to be "by the books" and fast as hell.

• Like 2