Spokane Yankee Doodle Dandy - any videos?

mender

Yikes! If I put our car on the track like that (with the hood trying to exit stage sky), not one of our drivers would have completed a single lap. They would have pitted, and we would have figured out a way to secure the hood. Even if it was out of the drivers line of sight as suggested, it was distracting, and dangerous. IMHO.

• Like 1

We did not have a good weekend from a competition point of view.  We had lots of little problems starting with the alternator dying during the first stint on Saturday.  We finally got most things fixed by the end of Saturday's race.  We never planned to be competitive on Sunday as we were more focused on getting several drivers some seat time.  In spite of the problems we all had fun.

Here is some video from Sunday.  I believe the fast lap for Sunday's race is in there somewhere.   It gets interesting at the end...

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmYcIRZVvJU&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1

^^^ MAN, what gear ratios are in that thing?  You're in 5th 400-500 feet before you even get on the dragstrip part of the straight!? shifting 4-5 when even with the dragstrip scoreboards.

We run tiny diameter tires to gain gearing and the car doesn't really pull after 6k, so he's short shifting.  

• 3 weeks later...

Same here; lots of cars running about the same pace, so many clean laps! Just checked all our video (not complete, only the first two hours each morning), saw you once, Saturday about 8 minutes in. I had just caught you and #70 when the Neon came blasting through. Really too bad he wrecked, that car was faaaast!

Thanks for the compliment; yes, the car is fun and easy to drive and is no longer trying to kill us like it was at Portland! :P

We served our pit time on Saturday ...

As a side note, the video from that weekend was the first time that my very good long time friend and I were able to watch each other drive and have time to notice detail. We've been friends, teammates, and competitors for over 30 years and finally realize that not only do we run almost exactly the same lap times, we drive almost exactly the same! About the only way to tell us apart in a video is that he has black gloves and I have white ones.  :)

• Like 1

We've been friends, teammates, and competitors for over 30 years and finally realize that not only do we run almost exactly the same lap times, we drive almost exactly the same! 

I have a long time friend on our team as well. Same thing. We are usually no more than a tenth apart for lap times. Some weekends he's faster and some weekends I'm faster. We chalk it up to that must be all the car will do :D

• Like 1