Central Region Chumpionship - Gateway Results

Brockstar

Howdy from a very cold and windy Gateway Motorsport Park!

Here are the results from this year's central region Chumpionship:

1st: #426 DangerZone Racing

2nd: #197 F1 1ABs

3rd: #41 Fine Sausage Racing

Lap times: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-XhNgXfcWhgTjBJRk01Vy1LRkE/view?usp=sharing

Official Results: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-XhNgXfcWhgZWR5aHgwUHZHZVU/view?usp=sharing

The entire central staff would like to thank all of you for an awesome 2014! See y'all at The 37!

• Like 1

Feel bad for ABR, seemed to have the car to beat until mechanical issues. Looked like F1 1ab just need the race to be a bit longer as they were on a real mission at the end of the race. ( Richard driving?)

Congratulations to DangerZone Racing for the win. Shows that keeping the car on the track, making good pit stops, and managing consistent laps, that good things can happen in endurance racing.

Also want to give props to Team Lemonata for a top five finish. Is there a weekend this team doesn't race?

• Like 4

What a great race.  Thanks Mike, Brock and Chris for another steller event.

Lots of drama throughout the day with what seemed like all teams having one issue or another.

We lost the power steering pulley and belt early on, but thanks to ABR Glenn we got her fixed.  Without their belt, we would have been done for the day, as it took out the power steering pulley, and we needed a short belt.

We had a bad  misfire at approx 4 hours but then we ran clean.  We tore up a bunch of tires.

We watched as 4CGM's right rear wheel bearing destroyed itself.

It was a nailbiter right up to the end. We were closing fast, but ran out of time.

It was great to see Danger Zone win. It's a very quick car in the twisties, and didn't give up too much on the speedway either.  They are a great bunch of guys.

Felt bad for all the teams that suffered such as our neighbours Fine Sausages and Lemonata. 4Car was running strong.  Too bad for ABR, they had it in the bag.

• Like 2

Thanks very much to the staff that put on the event.    It was the one event we planned around all summer and we are very grateful to have gotten to race!

All of Fine Sausage's suffering was self inflicted.    I did put the cone that ate F1's power steering in its place after dark :o

Still amazed to have been on the lead lap at the end.  

Congrats to Danger Zone and F1 1ab's!

I'd like to know what issues the Camaro had.   Their clearly was capable of a tremendous pace...

Another great event by Mike and crew, too bad we couldn't get more cars, hopefully the 2015 schedule works out better.

EVERYONE had problems this race, we only had the lead because our problem happened last, true endurance racing. I'm more upset that I've had the same failure twice this year. 

Congrats to Danger Zone, it's been fun watching the car/team develop, keep it up. 

Another great event by Mike and crew, too bad we couldn't get more cars, hopefully the 2015 schedule works out better.

EVERYONE had problems this race, we only had the lead because our problem happened last, true endurance racing. I'm more upset that I've had the same failure twice this year. 

Congrats to Danger Zone, it's been fun watching the car/team develop, keep it up. 

We were cheering you on.  What happened?

First thing we did Saturday morning was remove the TBR sticker from RA and install a new one from Andrew stash, then we led like 400 laps, then the rear diff started doing an impression of a coffee grinder, finally I set that TBR sticker on fire and relieved myself on it. I'm telling you they are cursed.

• Like 4

The Kart qualifying was really fun.  Our team really enjoyed it.

It was a long day, but still fun for us.  First stint, our driver tried to avoid a wayward cone, but lost it in the very cool conditions and put the right side into the tire wall - only cosmetic damage to the front fender and rear quarter.

Mid-race, the diff started whining/grinding.  It wasn't happy.  So we changed out the "new for this race" fluid with some fresh, then ran about an hour and half at reduced pace and miraculously it quieted down.  Then we picked up the pace with about 3.5 hours remaining.  We made it through a couple of driver changes, but at the 11 hour mark (8pm, one hour left), the diff finally let go - but without any warning/whining.  Actually, i think it's just the viscous part.  What's weird is the car will still go forward (awkwardly), but no reverse. (Or maybe the transmission died too?)

We ended up somehow with one more lap than ABR. 

It was a fun day - even with all the problems.  Is it the end of the season and everything is wearing out???

• Like 1

What a great race. Thanks Mike, Brock and Chris for another steller event.

Lots of drama throughout the day with what seemed like all teams having one issue or another.

We lost the power steering pulley and belt early on, but thanks to ABR Glenn we got her fixed. Without their belt, we would have been done for the day, as it took out the power steering pulley, and we needed a short belt.

We had a bad misfire at approx 4 hours but then we ran clean. We tore up a bunch of tires.

We watched as 4CGM's right rear wheel bearing destroyed itself.

It was a nailbiter right up to the end. We were closing fast, but ran out of time.

It was great to see Danger Zone win. It's a very quick car in the twisties, and didn't give up too much on the speedway either. They are a great bunch of guys.

Felt bad for all the teams that suffered such as our neighbours Fine Sausages and Lemonata. 4Car was running strong. Too bad for ABR, they had it in the bag.

Any video of us running before the wheel bearing blew? I think our camera had died at that point. Fun running with you!

I'd like to know what issues the Camaro had.   Their clearly was capable of a tremendous pace...

We fell victim to a problem that has been hiding from us all year, faulty fuel cell foam. When I first built the car, I forgot to flush the cell which caused us nothing but problems before BIR. I also didn't have a surge tank in the car which it apparently needs. I took my licks for that, cleaned or replaced the ENTIRE FUEL SYSTEM and added a surge tank system. We were good to go I thought. Sadly though, the problem wasn't me not flushing it, but that the foam was just deteriorating on its own. When we went to remove it from the cell at Gateway, it simply crumbled in my hands. We removed the foam, replaced the filters and injectors that had clogged and got back out. We had one more trip behind the wall as the fuel pump didn't survive having all that crap ran through it apparently either.

I think I am going to have to place a friendly phone call to the folks at JAZ and tell them how I feel. During our two poor showings, their bad foam cost us 4 fuel pumps, 3 injectors and an engine. Granted, the engine is partially our fault because we refused to park the car at BIR when it was running so poorly. Guess that is what you get for saving the $300 buying a JAZ cell instead of a Fuel Safe.

On another note, I need to get in touch with the Miata team that hit the wall early on. We used 15 gallons of their fuel at the end and we forgot to get them some cash for it. Also, if anybody has an email address for the folks at Lemonota, I had a question for them as well, but i couldn't find them before we left.

Well, I told them we were using pump gas, and assumed that meant they knew what I was after. Hell, we were running Non Oxy 94 from Fleet Farm at the BIR race. I don't know if it is the wrong foam or crappy foam. Scratch that, I l know it was crappy foam!

Any video of us running before the wheel bearing blew? I think our camera had died at that point. Fun running with you!

Chris, I am looking at video. I think we ran out too soon which would be too bad.

Yes that was a blast. The first indication of the wheel bearing was the smell. I thought my car was burning up, then I could see the smoke from your wheel. It seemed to be deteriorating real quick. The wheel was wobbling bad, I feared you were going to lose it. I tried to get radio to our pit to get to your pit as soon as possible so you wouldn't wreck.

• Like 1