NJMP ChumpCar and ChampTruck Pics and Videos

csx135

Epic battles between Ghetto Motorsports and Black Magic all weekend!

More spectators than you can imagine cheering drivers on in turn 7 for the best drift turn or spin by a car or truck!

Epic racing between S.I.C. and Drunken Squirrel nose to tail lap after lap for entire races!

Very cool big trucks barreling into turn 1 with the jake brake blaring!

One very fast, very light, very bouncy, very well driven Lighting McQueen Nissan 240sx with a Lexus V8 swap!

Oh what a priceless weekend!

We had an EPIC weekend full of failures.  Late getting in, Distributor broke as soon as the green dropped, then new disturb didn't have the correct computer wire so a member drove 2.5 hours home and back the next morning with the harness, then it didn't want to drop in nicely, get it running, turn it off to check other things out and then it wouldn't turn over, charge the battery still no go, jack the car up maybe a wired burned or something, nope the main feed into the starter just pulls right out, yes the "power" lead broke. OK it's a SBC no biggie get a new starter in and make the 2 hour race, 5-7 laps in the front oil seal blows... uggggggggg at least it wasn't a $1200 race. Plus what was up with the wind....jeeeesh!

I had a blast battling the ghetto rx7 in the black magic motorsports neon. That was the most intense wheel to wheel action i have been in. We had some contact but nothing a tug on a fender wouldnt fix, and that happens when you race each other that hard for 40 min in every race. We had power, they had better suspension tires and brakes so we were fast in different spots on track. Videos to come, race 5 we were both wrecking several times pushing it soo hard. Poor tires.

Who was inthe probe? I have a 30 and 32 mm socket of yours.

I have a ton of video from the weekend. Here is a quick one of a close call that I got edited last night. More to follow.......

Close call!!

I've seen a couple of these videos and a couple more where there was a collision. It looks like the best thing to do is to not try to pass the car, instead, apply brakes to avoid the situation completely. Is this correct? I can see here there may have been a car on the cougar's bumper and slowing could have been bad.

I was also driving the Black Magic Motorsports Neon, and I can say that battling with the RX-7 during the first sprint race Sunday morning was some of the most fun racing I've ever had. It was great meeting you guys and mixing it up with you on the track. We have all the races on video, so we should be able to post up some clips.

Additionally, I think the sprint races are a really fun addition to what is already a super fun racing series. I hope to do more in the future.

-ray

I had a blast battling the ghetto rx7 in the black magic motorsports neon. That was the most intense wheel to wheel action i have been in. We had some contact but nothing a tug on a fender wouldnt fix, and that happens when you race each other that hard for 40 min in every race. We had power, they had better suspension tires and brakes so we were fast in different spots on track. Videos to come, race 5 we were both wrecking several times pushing it soo hard. Poor tires.

• Like 1

Close call!!

I've seen a couple of these videos and a couple more where there was a collision. It looks like the best thing to do is to not try to pass the car, instead, apply brakes to avoid the situation completely. Is this correct? I can see here there may have been a car on the cougar's bumper and slowing could have been bad.

I think it depends on the situation, that turn is totally blind.  I'd rather take to the grass and risk side swiping the armco rather that getting rear ended by coming to a complete stop in that situation.  Lots of times stopping is the right call, if you can stop and turn at the same time is best.  4 wheel lockup and plowing into and accident is bad too obviously.   

The Probe is mine.  Are they my Harbor Freight impact sockets?

Had a blast this weekend guys.  It was our first time out as 80 Proof Racing, and used the race more as a test and tune to get our car sorted out.  We spend Friday figuring out a dizzy issue, and developed a knock in the motor on Saturday night, but the car was awesome throughout the day Saturday.  Just need to figure out why she's running hot, and find a few more horsepowers to keep up with some of you.

Here are some photos and videos from NJMP, mostly of my super stealth Probe, but there are some truck pics and videos in there as well:

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A35yeZFhJf6g4P

Edited by tim.trayhan

Nice avoidance! While the video was loading, I wa just thinking "don't be me, don't be me".

I had a big tank slapper in the esses on Sunday and couldn't save it. We took off our cheaty giant front sway bar this weekend (it was claimed!), resulting in, well... Inherent instability.

Video to follow...

Probably 80 percent put at least 2 wheels off in that turn. Hilarious because on approach you would see a dirt cloud and slow down (maybe), when battling you would finish the turn and hope to see a dust cloud behind you. If running alone and hard you would make the dust cloud and feel like an idiot . Native Americans didn't have the smoke signals that turn had. And lets not even get into the tight left after the bridge. The dust never settled there (partially because of us - sky blue rx7 clouding up the actual blue sky) Good times!

Wow. Nice moves.

People: get on your brakes when spinning. Nobody wants to get hit by your spinning car backing into them.

Happened to us last year. Probably completely unavoidable and it blew out our door, b-pillar, and busted our windshield. $1,000 later...our truck is repaired but no faster. It really sucks to spend $1k on body work.

The Probe is mine.  Are they my Harbor Freight impact sockets?

Had a blast this weekend guys.  It was our first time out as 80 Proof Racing, and used the race more as a test and tune to get our car sorted out.  We spend Friday figuring out a dizzy issue, and developed a knock in the motor on Saturday night, but the car was awesome throughout the day Saturday.  Just need to figure out why she's running hot, and find a few more horsepowers to keep up with some of you.

Here are some photos and videos from NJMP, mostly of my super stealth Probe, but there are some truck pics and videos in there as well:

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A35yeZFhJf6g4P

Yep two black impact sockets. Pm me and we will sort it out. I can send cash, mail yhe sockets, see you at the next race, etc.