Missing bike at VIR

My bike was taken from the paddock last night.  It is an older, silver Specialized Hard Rock (circa 2002). It is solid silver, with blue writing.  It has a bunch of orange/yellow reflective tape on it, and my name and number on the cross bar

It was parked right next to my trailer and tarped car last night when I left the paddock.  It is not there now...

edit: I am also missing one 205 Direzza on a black 15" TR motorsports wheel, if you gabbed it by mistake from the pits/paddock, no harm no foul, just PM me and let me know.

edit 3/7:  Wheel/Tire have been found, accidentally grabbed in the pits.  This is quite common since a lot of us run these same wheels & tires.

Bike looks like this, but with orange and yellow reflective tape added to the frame for paddock visibility.

image.jpeg

Edited by Jason B

• Technical Advisory Committee

Man sorry to hear about the bike and would be shattered if mine got gone, as I have had it a long time ride it most every day . It has gone  to MANY tracks from Daytona to Brunswick speedway and lots between.. Hope it gets back to you and if not may the sorry arse that took it get thrown to the ground and run over by a bus...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, okkustom said:

O it was good to meet you although I did not tell you who I was ,we were talking before the gate opened with Bill and Chip and I was the guy on the bike ..

Ha, ok cool, always good to put a forum name with a face!

Not sure where you were pitted . There was an abandoned wheel and tire in the pit next to the one at pit out.  It was a Dunlop tire but don't know which.  The guys at Chigger Racing took it when I pointed it out and asked if it was theirs.  They weren't sure but loaded it just in case.   Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

Glad to help.  Hope you find your bike too!

Maybe I'll get lucky and it was found somewhere and scooped up by a Good Samaritan.  The thought that it might have been stolen at a chumpcar event is worse that actually losing the bike.

• Like 2

Just talked to the head of security at VIR.  Sadly, they have not found my bike on the property.  Interstingly, they did find a different bike, the same brand/model as mine, in the raceplex on Monday morning.  

If you brought a Specialized bike to VIR, humor me and double-check your trailer and make sure you brought your bike home.  It's perfectly conceivable that someone grabbed my bike, thinking it was their own, and threw it in their trailer.  

Thanks,

Jason, I'm thinking that's your bike.  The person you spoke with may not have remembered all of the details you described unless they were "eyes-on" with you on the phone.

I need to go by there this Saturday anyway.  If you tell them I'm dropping by and tell me who to ask for, I'll see if that's it.