Aleru

PIR official Results

Great Racing at PIR yesterday!

The Endurance Results are in!

they can be found online at:

http://speedhive.mylaps.com/Sessions/4206215\

or download results and lap times from google at:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3sE_eBHunfsT2RrRjJNLS1kWG8

Thanks to all the chumps who made it to PIR this weekend, looking forward to more racing today!

~Ben Blas timing and scoring

• Like 1

Well done to Pontiaxed for their podium finish, took longer than I thought it would but I knew they'd do i!

Fear the Fieros!

2 hours ago, csadn said:

Wow -- Fast Time Of The Day finished Stone-Dead-Last.... >:)

Might be why they finished dead last.

And now a second place finish for the Fauxrrari, with both Fieros clocking 1:34s! What's the world coming to! :)

P.S. Pontiaxed takes a sprint win as well!

Edited by mender

Alright the Final results are in!

Big Thank you to PIR and all the corner workers for their hard work.

And Thank you to all you chumps that hauled to PIR and made this event possible!

Final Results are in!

they can be found online at:

http://speedhive.mylaps.com/Events/1343699

or download results and lap times from google at:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3sE_eBHunfsT2RrRjJNLS1kWG8

Looking forward to Laguna!!

~Ben Blas timing and scoring

On 10/22/2016 at 10:48 PM, Ron_e said:

It might be a new build for JCR since their car impacted the concrete at ORP pretty hard.  

Many components from the wrecked car ended up in the new car. I believe JCR was just shaking it down Friday evening. It ran the rest of the weekend. Boooo ultra fast cars lol!

On 10/22/2016 at 11:44 PM, mender said:

And now a second place finish for the Fauxrrari, with both Fieros clocking 1:34s! What's the world coming to! :)

P.S. Pontiaxed takes a sprint win as well!

The Fauxrrari just HOOKED UP for me in the sprint and was even impressive in Friday nights utter downpour. Corners unbelievably hard! Now if we could just hold a damn transmission together we might really have something! Lost 3 of them in the since chump pir last October. One that Friday night, one this last Friday night (while leading) and one Saturday evening (while in second). Replaced last year in 4.5 hours. Replaced this year in 2:20. Almost like we knew what we were doing! Bill makes a strong case for a possible shift cable/linkage rebuild. Stretched cables could be causing a problem.

4 hours ago, Thunder Chump said:

The Fauxrrari just HOOKED UP for me in the sprint and was even impressive in Friday nights utter downpour. Corners unbelievably hard! Now if we could just hold a damn transmission together we might really have something! Lost 3 of them in the since chump pir last October. One that Friday night, one this last Friday night (while leading) and one Saturday evening (while in second). Replaced last year in 4.5 hours. Replaced this year in 2:20. Almost like we knew what we were doing! Bill makes a strong case for a possible shift cable/linkage rebuild. Stretched cables could be causing a problem.

What trans are you using? I'm using a Fiero 5 speed 282 that has been in the car for three years and about 70-80 hrs with no issues.

1 hour ago, mender said:

What trans are you using? I'm using a Fiero 5 speed 282 that has been in the car for three years and about 70-80 hrs with no issues.

4 speed. Justin hasn't had any problems with his 4 speed. Neither have Nathan and Zac. No problems for Pontiaxed and Pontihack. Just us. We are looking at external problem sources.

The stops for the linkage are internal, stretched cables etc shouldn't play a part. Maybe it's the organic part of the shifter ... 

On 10/22/2016 at 10:48 PM, Ron_e said:

It might be a new build for JCR since their car impacted the concrete at ORP pretty hard.  

They have 2 cars. I think that's why they are called Joint Custody Racing.  The two cars have to share the drivers. :)

One of their Drivers KC is a very fast driver and almost always sets the fast lap of the day no matter the track.

21 minutes ago, mender said:

The stops for the linkage are internal, stretched cables etc shouldn't play a part. Maybe it's the organic part of the shifter ... 

We're definitely not ruling that out either but we've watched many hours of race footage and if someone is doing something wrong I don't know what it is. First thing to do is try and see if we can ascertain what exactly broke and why then look for links and possible causes. 

First transmission we we broke last year was not during a shift but while rolling back onto the power in third gear with the clutch fully locked. No shock load. Stripped all teeth off third gear.

As for these last two we gotta tear into them and see what let go. 

Too much power! :o

The 4 speeds are usually quite strong, even behind a small block. Would suspect prior impact load from curbing, offroad, etc.  Interested in what you find! :)

Edited by mender

Thank you ALL for a GREAT race weekend. Please let me know if you liked the sprints. I have had several teams tell me they really enjoy them and would like to do more in the future. Also, what did you think about having the Portland Karting Association with us? (Thank you PKA for allowing me to drive the Laydown Enduro kart !)

We had a several new cars working on their endurance car setups and learning with us at PIR and as ALWAYS, our veteran Chumps helped with advise any way they could. The Rebody/rebuild of JCR2 after a HARD crash at another series event seems like they have this car sorted out already so I am sure they will be running up front at future races and we saw the LAST run of the Skidarea Fauxrrarri/Fiero and will be returning with a NON Italian Fiero next season! Thank you for sharing and hopefully, transmission woes will be found and fixed. 

For those of you that were at PIR last year, you may remember one of your fellow racers and LONG time volunteers Dennis, who was transported fro the track in 2015 after hitting the back wall hard enough to move the krail. Well he came back with the same BMW and was the runner up on Friday and won the race on Saturday! Welcome back Dennis, Niel and the rest of the 3 quarts low team!

So, with all of that, we arrived home last night at about 11pm and our drive home was filled with conversations about what went on this weekend, looking forward to future events and EXCITED about the direction the board and our new COO is taking. The BEST of ChumpCar is yet to come! See you at whatever race you attend next. 

EnduroKart.jpg

On 10/31/2016 at 10:15 PM, Thunder Chump said:

Going through footage.  Found this little gem.  Much more to come!  Katey was just killing it out there.  Incredible improvement!

Very smooth lap too! GREAT job Katey!!!

• Like 1

On 11/1/2016 at 1:34 AM, Thunder Chump said:

Another entertaining moment brought to you by Skideria Fauxrrari.

Dude !   I like your car, looks real on the track !   Very nicely done !

• Like 1

On 11/3/2016 at 11:00 PM, Evilwheel said:

Dude !   I like your car, looks real on the track !   Very nicely done !

Thanks!  We had a great time working on the body, but oh god, the time!  It took forever to lighten the body and cut out all of the unnecessary fiberglassing and junk.  Thanks to our sponsors, "Simpleton", "Pyroelli" and the whole Skideria Fauxrrari Testaslowsa team for an awesome weekend.  Skideria Fauxrrari is proud to present, our Friday highlights!