Hankook RS4 tires out soon

wvumtnbkr

When people find a tire that wears better then 3 races and grips better then the direzza with a price point that will make it worth stepping into the unknown (<$175 for 255/40/17)

THEN

We experiment, otherwise it aint worth throwing $$ or a race trying to better what already works just fine.

#watchingotherpodiumteams

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Team Infiniti said:

When people find a tire that wears better then 3 races and grips better then the direzza with a price point that will make it worth stepping into the unknown (<$175 for 255/40/17)

THEN

We experiment, otherwise it aint worth throwing $$ or a race trying to better what already works just fine.

Or when the Direzza gets changed and has more grip and less durability to keep up with the pack.   As it turns out the tire maker is ok with their tire wearing out faster...get to sell more then.   I wish the Direzza was available in a 225/45/15.   Also wish the 245s didn't need 10in wheels.  Not really sure the Miata has enough weight to use a 245 but it would look so bada...  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

As it turns out the tire maker is ok with their tire wearing out faster...get to sell more

Then we move away, hopefully everyone that matters moves away as well, they eventually figure it out and drop the whole line because of poor sales...

We run 255-40s on 9in wheels with no issue, wish they would bring back 265s

• Like 2

I run 245’s on a 9 inch wheel which is not ideal but seems to work pretty well, it is everything I can get between the strut and a heavily massaged fender. There is a solution to running a light car on big tires but judging from what I read on some of the other tire threads you see on here not everyone is willing to go in that direction…

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

Our go to tire is the rs3. We have been using the maxxis vr1 for the last four races. They have been wearing well for us. Anxious to try the rs4

We ran the RS3 all last year and the begining of this year, tried the Rival and hated, went back to the RS3 and love them.  I am curious to see what the plan is for the RS3... is it done as of now or is there going to be an overlap...

• Like 2

On 1/6/2017 at 3:36 PM, Team Infiniti said:

THEN

describing the current RS-3 to a tee.

Here's to the RS4 being even better at being the all around best tire.

Latest news is that RS4s are on their way- March arrival- 5% increase over RS3s and the RS3s will be discontinued. 

initial size offerings look like this-

195/50R15 HK VENTUS R-S4
225/45R15 HK VENTUS R-S4
245/40R15 HK VENTUS R-S4
205/45R16 HK VENTUS R-S4 XL
205/55R16 HK VENTUS R-S4
225/50R16 HK VENTUS R-S4
215/45R17 HK VENTUS R-S4
225/45R17 HK VENTUS R-S4 XL
235/45R17 HK VENTUS R-S4
245/40R17 HK VENTUS R-S4
255/40R17 HK VENTUS R-S4 XL
225/40R18 HK VENTUS R-S4
235/40R18 HK VENTUS R-S4
245/40R18 HK VENTUS R-S4
255/35R18 HK VENTUS R-S4
265/35R18 HK VENTUS R-S4 XL
265/40R18 HK VENTUS R-S4
275/35R18 HK VENTUS R-S4
275/40R18 HK VENTUS R-S4
285/35R18 HK VENTUS R-S4 XL

Edited by bbqman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Team Infiniti said:

Results and favorites seem to vary, everyone has their combination is loyal to that combo, we have run, direzza 1-2  rs3 and rival,for one reason or another we always go back to the direzza.

Care to share? I know you've done that already but any new insights?

We've only tried Rivals and R1Rs. The Rivals seem to be more precise and wear better than the Toyos. Not an exact comparison though, I went from 255 rears with the Rivals to 275 with the Toyos, both on 9" rims. The Toyo 275s on the 9" rims made for a fun/exciting drive in a Fiero as the back end shifted more before taking a set than the Rivals.

Looking for the wear and feel of the Rivals with more grip and a decent price if that's possible. :)

Edited by mender

6 minutes ago, mender said:

Its just a preference we keep going back to as each tire has a different issue on our car, direzza 1 lasted forever but was getting dated in grip, direzza 2 had more grip less life, rs3 had impressive bite but we got pressures low on a abrasive track, they barely lasted 2 stints, left a bad taste, I liked rivals another driver did not, they also suffered from de-lamination issues, should have lasted longer.

With testing (we do not do) I am sure each has a optimum pressure and camber, unfortunately we are content.;)

21 minutes ago, mender said:

Looking for the wear and feel of the Rivals with more grip and good price if that's possible. :)

Not possible!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mindspin311 said:

Man, no love for the Falken RT615K?

We are all over it.  It has been the only tire we have ever run and no plans to change that.  At least until we see some other certain cars leaving us behind.