ford pats

Yardsale

So I got the cage done, and went to try and start our 02 mustang but now it will not start due to the PATS theft system.  I think the only way around this would be is with a custom tune to disable the pats system or take to a ford dealer and have new keys programed.  I like the idea of disabling the system completely since it might save us some headaches in the future. Before I go spending big bucks I thought I might check here to see if yall might have any other ideas.

A  buddy was sloppily prepping a demo derby car and accidentally hacked the security system up bad, he towed it to me (hour drive) to "bypass" it, after explaining the reality of what was going on they went to the local pick and pull and brought me a handful of salvaged components that I used to reconstruct/repair the factory system.

Perhaps find a local ford club or tuner to flash it for $100?

http://forums.corral.net/forums/general-mustang-tech/1402582-one-way-bypass-pats-anti-theft.html

Never tried it, don't know how well it would work in your case.

If you'd rather go the custom tune route, you'll want to take it to a tuner shop... the tuners "burn" an unlock cycle (limited to 5 i think before it's a brick and has to be sent to the manufacturer to be unlocked again) with each new ECU so it's unlikely someone will be able to load it for you.  OR, pick up a tuning device then buy a custom tune.

Custom tunes can be had from places like VMP or Bama for $100-$200, plus you'll gain some ponies.

2 hours ago, Evilwheel said:

Buy a Chevy ?  :P

Nahh same problem LOL

Do some googling. Custom tune should fix it. For my GM, my options were:

1. Leave all the excess wiring in the car with the body control module and use a resistor (or the oem key) in the system (unacceptable, plus I already ripped it all out :rolleyes:)

2. Custom tune

3. VATS bypass box wired into the PCM

At the time #3 was the cheapest and easiest solution, now that there is no tune rule I might not even need it :ph34r:

Edit: http://www.modularfords.com/threads/117165-Will-this-work-to-bypass-PATS

Edited by pintodave

Well I figured it out, I tried to hook up the code reader and it would not connect, I missed 2 plugs in the passenger footwell when I put the dash back together. Guess I should have started with the simple stuff to begin with.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yardsale said:

Well I figured it out, I tried to hook up the code reader and it would not connect, I missed 2 plugs in the passenger footwell when I put the dash back together. Guess I should have started with the simple stuff to begin with.  

received_10154736891093596.thumb.jpeg.52f6d00686c1ddc9f48c2e8ec820f78f.jpeg

• Like 2