Pitt Race Camping on Sunday Night

Bames

Are there any other teams who would be interested in camping on Sunday night?  We would prefer to stay, but would like to know if anyone else would be willing to split the security fee for the additional night. The additional fee would be $175, and would be split among those who wish to camp.  Let me know and we will talk to the track.

Thanks,

22 minutes ago, Bames said:

Thanks, if we were that close we would definitely be leaving as well. We are all at least 5 hours from home, some of us closer to 8 hours.

Since we are sharing a pit stall together all weekend, I wouldn't mind if you guys camped at / in / near my house.  However, it is about 1 hour the wrong direction for you.

Can you see if there are any other camping places nearby?  I seem to recall there was a place...

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Bames said:

Thanks, if we were that close we would definitely be leaving as well. We are all at least 5 hours from home, some of us closer to 8 hours.

You could camp out at my place if you want.  It is 4 hours from Pitt right off the toll road.  We are heading home Sunday night.

Guys thanks for the offers.  Most of us will be heading to the Detroit area, I will be heading back to IL. Our thought was if we can spend the night then we can relax a bit instead of packing everything up.  We did find local campgrounds, but if we have to pack everything up and move out of the track we would likely just head home.  

Edited by Bames

• ChampCar Staff

I talked to the track about this specific question. The answer I got was that teams could camp, and if you had a reserved RV space you would need to pay for the extra night. I'll circle back with my contact when we arrive and get the question cleared up..

Dana

Dana,

Thanks for the reply.  We have a reserved RV space and wouldn't mind paying for the camping, but if we need to cover the overnight security fee for Sunday we were hoping to find others to split it with.  Looking forward to clarification when it is available.  Thanks again  

Edited by Bames

• ChampCar Staff

Ok Guys,

My bad on this one. When talking to the track about this I thought "pay the extra charge" meant for the RV spot. Apparently it does mean we'll have to buy security for Sunday night. Sorry for any confusion I caused here.

Dana

Dana,

Thanks for looking into this again.  

" Apparently it does mean we'll have to buy security for Sunday night."

Does this mean that Chumpcar will be adding the security for Sunday?  Just trying to make sure I understand if anything changed related to what we would be required to pay for the night.

Bryan