VPI for a 2013-14 Nissan Altima 2.5 Base Model?

SpeedMaverick

I have had this salvage title car that I have been trying to sell or part out for over a year and no luck. It's a straight car (re-builder) but the salvage title has scared people off. I can sell the doors, interior, air bags and some other odd pieces off of it and only have about $2k into it. It's 180hp & just under 3200# and an 18 gallon tank. I figure with only 13k miles it would be pretty reliable and not too slow once it's gutted. It already has Eibach springs in it but otherwise it's stock. It would actually solve a problem for me...

• Technical Advisory Committee

I sent an email in asking for the 2007+ Altima (coupe I4 in particular) a while back, as a group from my work has been running a '12 for HPDEs and autocrosses for a while.  Fun 'little' car.  Not bad, could be better.  

You should send a request in to tech as well.

It is a daunting task, but I'd like to see the VPI list expanded for some newer cars.

Two comments:

First - you are giving away the reason why you shouldn't get a VPI number. A big part of Chump is trying to survive with old beaters that regularly breaks down. A 13k mile 2014 car is just a totally different starting point. It would completely change the course of the series if it was to be filled with new cars. 

Secondly - regardless of the above you are already perfectly welcome to run it in Chump. The magic letters are EC. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the input. My thinking is that it would be a reliable rental car for getting some seat time for the ones who are not out there looking for wins. I have a couple 'Big" drivers who just want seat time. They will not fit in the CRX which is a car to compete for podiums. EC could be a place to start. Then it could provide data for an accurate VPI at some future date. I guess I have to put together a keep/sell list of parts and get this thing going. I can have this ready before the CRX if I get started at the same time. I need a reason for this car to take up space. This is the best reason yet. I just haven't been able to sell it without giving it away. If I can make even a little $$$ renting it out then at least I won't lose my butt on it.

I get what you are saying in part 1, but what does it cost to take a beater and make it reliable. I love the idea of giving a beater a dignified end to it's life. Believe me, if I didn't have this situation I wouldn't even be bringing this up. You can buy salvage late models in the $3-4k+ range and have a safe reliable, sometimes competitive piece. After you sell off a bunch of small parts there is a pretty cheap foundation. I crunched some numbers and it looks like I can put this car on the track for less than $4k including wheels and tires. That is figured at 75% of the lowest prices on eBay for selling the parts. Is building a "Beater Beemer" is any cheaper...