Anyone in Portland, OR?!

There are plenty of people who budget endurance race in Portland.  80+ car field at the competing series race in July and 45 at the October race they just had. (probably would have had more, but they had a race at Laguna Seca the weekend before so a dozen or more cars chose that instead.

Chump threw in the towel in the Northwest and now only does the occasional bucket list track in California.

I've heard rumors that Chump won't be back at PIR again until they finish paying their bill from the last race they did there.

• Race Control
17 hours ago, lenbo211 said:

Chump threw in the towel in the Northwest and now only does the occasional bucket list track in California.

I've heard rumors that Chump won't be back at PIR again until they finish paying their bill from the last race they did there.

Rumors are a funny thing.  They are usually built upon a tidbit of information and then constructed with a lot of entertaining hearsay.

The truth regarding PIR is that a prior Regional Director did not pay the track rental bill before they left.  After they had left the club, I was contacted by E.C. Mueller of PIR with the overdue invoice.  PIR was paid in full at that time and we currently have no outstanding balance with PIR or any track in the county.  Mr. Mueller has welcomed ChumpCar back to Portland when we are ready.

And we will return.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, chisek said:

Rumors are a funny thing.  They are usually built upon a tidbit of information and then constructed with a lot of entertaining hearsay.

The truth regarding PIR is that a prior Regional Director did not pay the track rental bill before they left.  After they had left the club, I was contacted by E.C. Mueller of PIR with the overdue invoice.  PIR was paid in full at that time and we currently have no outstanding balance with PIR or any track in the county.  Mr. Mueller has welcomed ChumpCar back to Portland when we are ready.

And we will return.

I figured it was something like that. Glad you took care of that.  The other 10 parks around the city that PIR funds need the money.