Jeffapalooza?? anybody

20 minutes ago, rod rammage said:

They appear to exclude novices and only allow experienced drivers to participate. 

yup... We did a track day in May before the LeMons race. It was not open to the general public. You had to have some racing experience. The two that did it had a good time. Probably 40 or so cars. 

25 minutes ago, TiredBirds said:

Yeah I talked to him, open track time, racey but not racing... if that makes since.

If it's an open track DE, I've done many of those. Not racey or even race-like. 

At some the track will go hot at a certain time, then cold for lunch, then hot again the rest of the day. At others they'll run self-assigned run groups based on pace/experience/etc.. 

They're great for testing.

S. 

38 minutes ago, Snorman said:

If it's an open track DE, I've done many of those. Not racey or even race-like. 

At some the track will go hot at a certain time, then cold for lunch, then hot again the rest of the day. At others they'll run self-assigned run groups based on pace/experience/etc.. 

They're great for testing.

S. 

we need both...lol

18 hours ago, moortom said:

I think these started out as  a semi-private club type of event.  High level DE drivers and racers were invited.  When I was first getting into this hobby several years ago I was told I wasn't cool enough... :(

That about explains jeffapalooza

On 12/5/2017 at 10:18 AM, DEE DEE said:

Just a plain ole track day.  Safe your bucks , not worth it

2 of our drivers did a track day before the last NJMP race and had a blast, felt it was well worth it.  3 days of racing for $750 doesn't seem bad. It is all day. and my name is Jeff so I'll fit right in.

Edited by TiredBirds
added info