Some points to use....

SiberianDVM

Got a few extra points laying around since the rules change. 1989 MKIII Supra:

Going to swap out feeble OE brass radiator for Mishimoto aluminum; 20 points.

Thinking of removing OE viscous coupled fan and replacing with Mishimoto electric fan/shroud combo: anyone know if there is a standard point charge?

Also thinking of replacing OE cast iron exhaust manifold with headers, but selection for 7M-GE motor is slim. 25 points. Pacesetter or OBX? Anybody know of anything good?

Also tech questions:

our Accusump is mounted in the passenger footwell and has been since day 1. Is that still OK?

Do outside mirror glass have to be covered in film?

2 minutes ago, SiberianDVM said:

Got a few extra points laying around since the rules change. 1989 MKIII Supra:

Going to swap out feeble OE brass radiator for Mishimoto aluminum; 20 points.

Thinking of removing OE viscous coupled fan and replacing with Mishimoto electric fan/shroud combo: anyone know if there is a standard point charge?

Also thinking of replacing OE cast iron exhaust manifold with headers, but selection for 7M-GE motor is slim. 25 points. Pacesetter or OBX? Anybody know of anything good?

Also tech questions:

our Accusump is mounted in the passenger footwell and has been since day 1. Is that still OK?

Do you even need a fan?  Granted, we only make 140hp, but we ditched ours.  Never went past 190 even in the heat of the day in Austin in the summer. 

Maybe a Canadian thing?  We've been running an e-fan (never thought to claim, leftover from Lemons days), but if we're now going to get docked points for it then I'll leave it off and just keep a squirrel fan in the pit stall.  Engine fans don't do anything once up to speed and I only have it for red flags and pit stops.  They're also heavy and a big electrical draw.  I don't think they should be a points hit.

I seem to remember your car being a bit hefty, any chance you can use those points for light weight panels?  Headers would remove some weight, I'd go with OBX of the two personally.

Can you mod the oil pan enough to lose the accusump?  Maybe free enough points to run a set of cams?  You gotta get that hp/lb ratio down.

Hmm.   This thing came with a big engine driven viscous coupled fan, 16"? , and twin small 6" electric fans that were coupled to the A/C, all covered by a big steel shroud. Originally I ditched the steel shroud and the 2 small electric fans and kept the big engine driven fan. Maybe I should try the other way around? If I use the A/C fans only that would be ZERO points?

Even with a big oil cooler, we have to watch water and oil temps like a hawk.

Yes, the car is hefty, just like me. :mellow: But I have lost from 202 down to 185. Now I seem to be stuck, but the goal is still 160. The car is more difficult as Toyota liked to weld 7 layers of sheet metal together in the unibody.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SiberianDVM said:

Hmm.   This thing came with a big engine driven viscous coupled fan, 16"? , and twin small 6" electric fans that were coupled to the A/C, all covered by a big steel shroud. Originally I ditched the steel shroud and the 2 small electric fans and kept the big engine driven fan. Maybe I should try the other way around? If I use the A/C fans only that would be ZERO points?

Even with a big oil cooler, we have to watch water and oil temps like a hawk.

Yes, the car is hefty, just like me. :mellow: But I have lost from 202 down to 185. Now I seem to be stuck, but the goal is still 160. The car is more difficult as Toyota liked to weld 7 layers of sheet metal together in the unibody.

I would think the aluminum radiator would help you.  I see no reason you couldn't re-use the stock electric fans for free.  Venting the hood or ditching it all together should help, too.  Works for Roadkill, lol!

3 hours ago, karman1970 said:

I would think the aluminum radiator would help you.  I see no reason you couldn't re-use the stock electric fans for free.  Venting the hood or ditching it all together should help, too.  Works for Roadkill, lol!

The hood is already louver vented (hand made). I think I will try the little A/C fans and see if they will cool enough when it is sitting still.

Anybody know the answers to these: