notbob

No more racecast.me, so what's the next best option?

Racecast.me is ending its service as it currently stands on Dec 31 2017.

I would suggest to download any videos you want to keep before then.

Apparently the platform has been sold to a non-disclosed racing series.

The question will be will they allow just anyone to use it like current, perhaps let anyone use it for a fee, or just keep it for their series??

So, lets go worst case and it's gone.

What is the next best option for live streaming??

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, thewheelerZ said:

Clearly this was bought by Champcar Enurance Series.  Bill will make the announcement on January 1. I'd say carry on as normal.;)

One could hope :)

On 12/12/2017 at 1:23 PM, Jab31169 said:

I think most will be moving to youtube live.  Racecast.me ended up selling out to the feds is the rumor.

The problem is you cannot live stream from mobile without 100 subscribers from what i'm seeing.   Wonder how this is going to effect the race coverage.  Hopefully we will get some direction from Bill soon. 

• Like 1

From YouTube

"Note: To be eligible to use YouTube live on mobile, your channel must have more than 25 subscribers."

Not sure what the requirement is if you are using something other than the mobile app.  Other features become available at the 100 subscriber limit (like custom channel url).

9 hours ago, zack_280 said:

From YouTube

"Note: To be eligible to use YouTube live on mobile, your channel must have more than 25 subscribers."

Not sure what the requirement is if you are using something other than the mobile app.  Other features become available at the 100 subscriber limit (like custom channel url).

25 is a lot easier than 100.    It said 100 when i went through the setup wizard but I did also find where it says 25.   

Very interesting that Champ staff has been conspicuously silent on the purchase rumors above.  Isn't silence the same as confirmation?

We did not purchase RaceCast.me

From the owner of RaceCast, "I sold the infrastructure to a government agency".

We are not the gov.

We do have a plan in place. We will be using Twitch.TV

and so can you.

It is free. no minimum subscribers etc. You can even make some money on the side. 
We have a plan for what ChampCar.live will be using. We can use your feeds from the twitch.TV account for the live feeds.

https://www.twitch.tv/

On 1/2/2018 at 8:01 AM, Bill Strong said:

We did not purchase RaceCast.me

From the owner of RaceCast, "I sold the infrastructure to a government agency".

We are not the gov.

We do have a plan in place. We will be using Twitch.TV

and so can you.

It is free. no minimum subscribers etc. You can even make some money on the side. 
We have a plan for what ChampCar.live will be using. We can use your feeds from the twitch.TV account for the live feeds.

https://www.twitch.tv/

Will you be doing a setup tutorial for Twitch and how it links to Champcar Live? 

• Like 2

Has anyone signed up and tested Twitch?

I have done the set up for YouTube Live and its pretty straight forward.  We will test it out at Road Atlanta.

3 hours ago, BoiledPeanut said:

Has anyone signed up and tested Twitch?

I have done the set up for YouTube Live and its pretty straight forward.  We will test it out at Road Atlanta.

I signed up for Twitch, downloaded twitch on my phone... and I still haven't a clue how to stream anything to Twtich.

Edit: I think I figured it out. There's this button on the mobile app called "pulse". A rational person would have named that button "stream" or "Livestream" or "stream video using this button". Anyway, as you might have guessed, pressing that button enables streaming. 

Edited by enginerd

Can someone please give us a step-by-step? Supposedly the Android YT app has a "Go Live" function but I do not have that on my phone's YT app GUI. Seems like you need 100 subscribers first as stated above.

Edited by AtlJimK

We are going to try Youtube once we get 25 subscribers.   Rd. Atl practice day will let us see what's working best/easiest.  Also, we can ask @Bill Strong any questions directly at the track. 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

We are going to try Youtube once we get 25 subscribers.   Rd. Atl practice day will let us see what's working best/easiest.  Also, we can ask @Bill Strong any questions directly at the track. 

You should start a thread of nothing but YouTube user names for teams. Make it easy for teams to subscribe to each other's channel, and get the 25 subscribers.

43 minutes ago, TBone said:

You should start a thread of nothing but YouTube user names for teams. Make it easy for teams to subscribe to each other's channel, and get the 25 subscribers.

Seconded. According to my reads it is still 100.

Is the 25 Youtube subscriber limit only for going live and streaming from a phone?

We are using a Go Pro to Liveshell, so I don't expect this to impact us.  FIngers crossed anyway.  

Should I create a Twitch account as a back up?

Edited by BoiledPeanut

15 minutes ago, BoiledPeanut said:

Should I create a Twitch account as a back up?

I did

3 hours ago, TBone said:

Good idea.  

3 hours ago, AtlJimK said:

Seconded. According to my reads it is still 100.

I read 100 somewhere on YouTube as well but then also found the 25 #.  Others said they could mobile livestream after 25. 

9 hours ago, TBone said:

Started another thread for the list 

20 hours ago, Jab31169 said:

As an FYI, we were able to stream today with under 25 subscribers from a phone.

Bru, tell me more

2 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Bru, tell me more

Wirecast Go is the app you can use on your phone to stream up to youtube until you get the required number of subs on youtube to stream direct.  I think its like 5 bucks to be able to send links or something like that.  Not my department on the team, im just a shitty PR guy who gets told stuff though text messages in encrypted transmissions that read like Swahili, but that is what I picked up from the conversations yesterday and I was able to watch the streams we broadcasted yesterday in test.  So take that for what its worth.