2018 ChampCar Sim Series - Round 1, Practice Race 3 - Road Atlanta - 1/18/2018

Rapido

8 hours ago, Wyatt said:

So, I realized just now the Championship round is the week before the race. Ah, cool!

I actually thought about that aspect Wyatt and scheduled appropriately.

I believe the Championship rounds are not (never?) on the actual race weekends so it did not penalize drivers that were actually going to that race...

Edited by Doc

• Technical Advisory Committee
2 hours ago, Rapido said:

Server issues did for our GT3 entry, and this video explains what happened to our GTE entry.

The Prototype is still going strong though! You can follow the action here.

My buddy Tyler is running GT3 also.   What split are you guys running in?  smokin' it with the prototype!

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

I actually thought about that aspect Wyatt and scheduled appropriately.

I believe the Championship rounds are not (never?) on the actual race weekends so it did not penalize drivers that were actually going to that race...

Yes, my fault.

I must have been fast by a week. (I'm excited to get racing again, who can blame me?!) :)

• Like 1

Does anyone know anything about the windows 10 fall creator update "bad module" error? Track loads fine but the game crashes to desktop as soon as I attempt to join the race... A quick search shows this issue has been around for months and iRacing hasn't done much about it.

2 hours ago, gr1vlet said:

Does anyone know anything about the windows 10 fall creator update "bad module" error? Track loads fine but the game crashes to desktop as soon as I attempt to join the race... A quick search shows this issue has been around for months and iRacing hasn't done much about it.

I know this is an awful suggestion but have you tried to roll back the 1709 update to 1703?  I have been pushing off this update on my machine, mostly because the previous major update messed up all my simvibe settings.

EDIT:  I know this video is for a different game, but I see some references to the same procedure working for iRacing: 

Edited by n0m4d
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, n0m4d said:

I know this is an awful suggestion but have you tried to roll back the 1709 update to 1703?  I have been pushing off this update on my machine, mostly because the previous major update messed up all my simvibe settings.

EDIT:  I know this video is for a different game, but I see some references to the same procedure working for iRacing: 

I have not yet, my roommate uses my desktop from time to time and installed the update thinking he was helping me out. It would be nice if iRacing would address it, they stopped replying to concerns on the forum and haven't presented a fix or updates on a fix in weeks.