Is ChampCar strapped for cash now, or is something wrong with my iPhone?

C0B5FA06-A862-4A0A-A92A-0AE9F93327F1.png

Oh man, just noticed this on my phone when browsing the forum...yuk

Edited by Jab31169

Also showing doctor for E.D. dysfunction at the bottom, who is that for?

3 minutes ago, Ron_e said:

Also showing doctor for E.D. dysfunction at the bottom, who is that for?

Tracking cookies are a female dog :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Team Infiniti said:

Tracking cookies are a female dog :lol:

Funny guy, now getting cryptocurrency ads but I don't do that either. :D

Edited by Ron_e
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ron_e said:

Funny guy, now getting cryptocurrency ads but I don't do that either. :D

There is no shame in using crytocurrency. A lot of men our age use it. You should talk to your doctor about it, first. If you experience more than 4 hours of cryptocurrency, call 911.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I like to use a program called Ad Block Pro, for chrome users its an extension that can be installed, and also used on android phone.  It basically strips things like that off the screen.

1 hour ago, Justin9 said:

I like to use a program called Ad Block Pro, for chrome users its an extension that can be installed, and also used on android phone.  It basically strips things like that off the screen.

Running something similar, no ads on that one.

1 hour ago, Justin9 said:

I think we all are aware of ABP, Ublock Origin, etc ad blockers.

I also have a Pi-Hole at the house that strips ads out https://pi-hole.net/

I don't have an adblocker on the iphone though.., so when Im outside my local network :(.  Its also costing me data to download these adds over LTE.

The biggest issue is the lack of communication from the Champcar staff.  Is this a mistake?  Is it to offset some cost that isnt being covered by other fees? There has to be a story behind it.

I should refrain from commenting further until we get some response from @Bill Strong @chisek

• Like 1

Yea...I'm not a fan of this move, especially with no coms about it....very similar to the guest fee now in place, or at least being enforced.

I mean, at least give us a thread telling us you are doing it, then we can all argue over it while generating ad revenue.  With the site traffic you guys get on the forum, who knows...could be a hundredaire or maybe even a thosandaire in a few years.

SIDE NOTE: Work proxy blocks all ads, and just look at my posts, its all while I'm at work...you know...working. 

yes. we are looking at ways to reduce the outgoing costs that are paid to run this business. The SCCA uses ads like this on their pages. So we started yesterday. 
Tracks are increasing the costs of racing by 3% every year. We want to keep the cost of racing down for you guys. In order to do that, we have to look at other ways to bring in income. This is one.
The numbers here are not the 6 figures I was making on my personal forum. But, the few hundred a month it brings in will help offset employment costs for the company. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, BigMoneyWasters said:

There is no shame in using crytocurrency. A lot of men our age use it. You should talk to your doctor about it, first. If you experience more than 4 hours of cryptocurrency, call 911.

Do we earn more if I click on some? You know, like the crypto-currency...

• Haha 1

Also, since this is a club, you can know this.
I reduced the cost of our web presence. But... when we changed the name, our traffic has almost doubled. This has meant that I had to increase the hardware and services from our new host. This was added $$. So Mike Chisek and I discussed ways to offset these added fees by using Adsense. The numbers looked good and we will look at this after a few months. 

We want to keep the business side of ChampCar Endurance Series strong. Part of that is making certain that the company has enough cash to keep the company running. 

• Like 6

well, 37,000 page views on the forum yesterday. 9 people clicked an ad. That made us almost $8. thank you.
and why don't I get cool ads like you guys get? All I get are car and motorcycle ads. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

well, 37,000 page views on the forum yesterday. 9 people clicked an ad. That made us almost $8. thank you.
and why don't I get cool ads like you guys get? All I get are car and motorcycle ads. 

Is that how it works?  I will commit to clicking on those ads every now and then if it will lower my cost to race.

• Like 4

Thanks for the info Bill. I'm good with a few ads if it helps keep the VTEC kicking. 

Adblocker engages on iPhone now.

for anyone else looking, “AdGuard” is free and appears to work pretty well so far.

FAA28BF8-7851-4B08-BC3E-A375754AEE24.png