New-b with safety gear question

jaymsu

Hello, newbie here.

I have simple question on safety gear for drivers.

I currently have racing gloves that have ISO 6940 compatible tag. (40% Nomex, 60% Leather)

When I look up the rule book, I found "Fire-retardant FIA- or SFI-rated socks, racing gloves and shoes are also required", and did some research and found that ISO 6940, FIA 8856-2000 and SFI 3.3 all seem compatible.

Is ISO 6940 glove acceptable or do I need new gloves?

Thank you in advance for your help!

4 minutes ago, jaymsu said:

Hello, newbie here.

I have simple question on safety gear for drivers.

I currently have racing gloves that have ISO 6940 compatible tag. (40% Nomex, 60% Leather)

When I look up the rule book, I found "Fire-retardant FIA- or SFI-rated socks, racing gloves and shoes are also required", and did some research and found that ISO 6940, FIA 8856-2000 and SFI 3.3 all seem compatible.

Is ISO 6940 glove acceptable or do I need new gloves?

Thank you in advance for your help!

ISO 6940 can actually relate to FIA86 which is a VERY old standard.  There is no way to tell.  Do they actually have an FIA rating?  Most would say something like ISO6940 / FIA86 

Or, if they are a bit newer they would say ISO 6940 / FIA8856-2000.

If they dont have the FIA, I am pretty sure that they will NOT be legal.

It would make me wonder why a company made something and got it tagged with the ISO cert but not the FIA cert...  It is kinda a red flag for me.

• Technical Advisory Committee

Plus 10% off discount.   I had to buy a new pair at Road Atlanta my old ones had a small tear on the end of a finger . Champ tech = saftey job 1 .. 

Discovery had a large selection in their trailer ,good price ,and when he hit the discount button ,  yeah baby ....