DuncanDana

Marathon Coaches Daytona Race Results

8 minutes ago, ttuttlelandscape said:

i had a meeting with Michael chisek

heres the quote:

"champcar will never penalize a team for a mistake champcar officials make"

he realizes the rule of using the highest value is in conflict with the vpi swap tables

it will be addressed at the june meeting according to him

so the 20 to 30 teams with swaps are good for this year, but in trouble for next year.

This is the main reason i like this series. they to do the right thing.

i appreciate their position. i know i will need to build 2 new cars for next year but i want to go to rear wheel drives anyways 

Relative to adding 100 points for "Note 2" cars where the VPI table states "Factory supercharged or turbocharged cars add 100 points to the listed value (unless already listed as such)", I agree. I think that email that circulated has taken lots of people by surprise. But the quote I posted is from the BCCR, and it's been there since at least 2017. From my knowledge and teams that I know with swaps, they've been taking the highest valued model. 

S. 

1 hour ago, ttuttlelandscape said:

one of my office girls name is deanna dombrowski!  your screen name!

No relation, sorry.  

Ive talked with a few people with my same last name around the country as our emails have been mixed up on a regular basis.  Never a deanna though.

49 minutes ago, Ron_e said:

Similarly there is a turbo Mustang called the SVO.  

BUT, it's not listed on the VPI table. Although we don't know if that matters any longer. 

S.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snorman said:

BUT, it's not listed on the VPI table. Although we don't know if that matters any longer. 

S.

i lost that argument also, there side of the argument, whether true or false, they say a trubo model will have stiffer suspension possibly bigger radiator, different weight, etc, so they said they will specifically address it at the june meeting, they arent sure what the changes will be for next year, but thats next year.  sucks for me because i was really getting these damn things tuned in, but thats racing!

I am so glad I am no longer swapped.

One could argue the turbo version SVO only applies to the 4 cylinder cars as it was a turbo on a 4 adding 100 points to the base 150.  For the V8's there were no turbo versions offered therefore the highest swap number to apply to a Mustang is the 200 points base V8.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ttuttlelandscape said:

i lost that argument also, there side of the argument, whether true or false, they say a trubo model will have stiffer suspension possibly bigger radiator, different weight, etc, so they said they will specifically address it at the june meeting, they arent sure what the changes will be for next year, but thats next year.  sucks for me because i was really getting these damn things tuned in, but thats racing!

In the case of the SVO Mustang, all of that is completely true. Those cars not only came with an turbo-intercooled 4-cylinder making over 200 hp, they also had 5-lug hubs/axles, 4-wheel discs, OEM adjustable Konis, etc., etc.. So in that case, I do believe that there is some definite point value in the "turbo model". 

S. 

39 minutes ago, ttuttlelandscape said:

heres the quote:

I hope your not saying your previous indiscretion was champs fault? 

up to this point chump/champ has used an honor system, kinda like the boy scouts when it comes to teams honestly completing swap sheets and letting tech know of any changes to a car.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Snorman said:

Relative to adding 100 points for "Note 2" cars where the VPI table states "Factory supercharged or turbocharged cars add 100 points to the listed value (unless already listed as such)", I agree. I think that email that circulated has taken lots of people by surprise. But the quote I posted is from the BCCR, and it's been there since at least 2017. From my knowledge and teams that I know with swaps, they've been taking the highest valued model. 

S. 

so how would that apply to the swapped 3.3 liter mr2's...there's probably going to be 2-3 of them at charlotte in 2 weekends.

just because the turbo models don't show up on the vpi list doesn't mean u can just ignore adding 100 points to ur swap starting points. 

I have no problem with letting way over 500 point swapped cars finishing out the year with there swapped motors, but they need to get rid of there imsa gtp ground affects in the mean time to be fair since there playing with points they never had in the 1st place

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zack_280 said:

Also, whoever was driving about 50 minutes after the night rain delay restart, sorry about that.  I badly underestimated your braking skills.

Ha, that would've been me.  I think that was a compliment...thanks!  :D

Was that the bump on my passenger side?  Turn 3 I think?

Also, if anyone happens to have video of me wildly sliding sideways in  a massive group of cars in turn 3, I'd appreciate it.  Have to reiterate the thanks for no one taking me out during my biggest mistake of the race.

7 minutes ago, Racer7x said:

so how would that apply to the swapped 3.3 liter mr2's...there's probably going to be 2-3 of them at charlotte in 2 weekends.

just because the turbo models don't show up on the vpi list doesn't mean u can just ignore adding 100 points to ur swap starting points. 

I have no problem with letting way over 500 point swapped cars finishing out the year with there swapped motors, but they need to get rid of there imsa gtp ground affects in the mean time to be fair since there playing with points they never had in the 1st place

I don't know anything about MR2 Turbos. But if it applies to one platform it should apply to all.

Remember, this discussion really originated when Mike Chisek informed another member via email that the swapped Tuttle cars needed to use the "turbo chassis" for their base VPI. There hasn't really been any further "official" statement on it. 

And yes, there are going to be plenty of angry/disappointed/disenfranchised swapped-car owners who will have some decisions to make if they now are sporting an additional 100 points. 

S. 

• Haha 1

Just now, krispykritter said:

Ha, that would've been me.  I think that was a compliment...thanks!  :D

Was that the bump on my passenger side?  Turn 3 I think?

I was talking about the incident with Docs car in the bus stop.  I had a few moments in turn 3 in the Mustang, but I don't think I was in eminent danger of bending the car (or anyone elses car) there.

This was us getting hit in the bus stop, clearly something was going on ahead and a lot of drivers checked up going to the bus stop, but the Porsche was coming in full Leeroy Jenkins damn the costs.   This is not the first time i've seen driving like this from that team either.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, MoparBoyy said:

This was us getting hit in the bus stop, clearly something was going on ahead and a lot of drivers checked up going to the bus stop, but the Porsche was coming in full Leeroy Jenkins damn the costs.   This is not the first time i've seen driving like this from that team either.

Excellent Leroy Jenkins reference!

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, zack_280 said:

I was talking about the incident with Docs car in the bus stop.  I had a few moments in turn 3 in the Mustang, but I don't think I was in eminent danger of bending the car (or anyone elses car) there.

Dang, not a compliment lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

Damn, that was quite shitty.  Wish there was more black flag action for that sort of thing.  Easy to avoid.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, krispykritter said:

Damn, that was quite shitty.  Wish there was more black flag action for that sort of thing.  Easy to avoid.

it takes way more talent to stay off somebody than it does to just slam into them...

it must of been the car owners neighbor in the car, nothing you can do:D:D:D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ttuttlelandscape said:

heres the quote:

he realizes the rule of using the highest value is in conflict with the vpi swap tables

it will be addressed at the june meeting according to him

so the 20 to 30 teams with swaps are good for this year, but in trouble for next year.

This is the main reason i like this series. they to do the right thing.

i appreciate their position. i know i will need to build 2 new cars for next year but i want to go to rear wheel drives anyways 

Let me know if you want to offload one of those cars! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ddombrowski said:

83-85.5 is commonly called 1st gen that had 2.5L 8V engines (making 140-ish HP to the crank) and a 16.5 gallon fuel tank.

85.5-87 are known as the late cars and were still 2.5L 8V with a small compression bump in 87 and a 19-ish gallon fuel tank.

87 was the start of the 944S, which has a 2.5L block but a 16V head for a nice HP improvement in the top end.  Same fuel tank as the late 944.

S2 was a 3.0L block with a 16V head.

VPi list shows a 25 point increase from '85 to '86 and again from '87 to '88. Tank size is 21.1 gallons for '86 and later, up from 17.4 for earlier ones re: internet.

Changes:

'85 to '86: 4 hp and 3.7 gallons (among other things) for 25 points

'87 to '88: 40 hp for 25 points

Edited by mender

1 hour ago, Ron_e said:

I am so glad I am no longer swapped.

One could argue the turbo version SVO only applies to the 4 cylinder cars as it was a turbo on a 4 adding 100 points to the base 150.  For the V8's there were no turbo versions offered therefore the highest swap number to apply to a Mustang is the 200 points base V8.

150 pts + turbo equals 250 pts.

Highest value doesnt say anything about how many cylinders or anything else.....

I am merely pointing out that this rule and its enforcement has some gaps.  Not going after you or your logic at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

150 pts + turbo equals 250 pts.

Highest value doesnt say anything about how many cylinders or anything else.....

I am merely pointing out that this rule and its enforcement has some gaps.  Not going after you or your logic at all.

Agree but another point of confusion.  I am swapping a V8 car not an SVO.  If I had to claim SVO do I get to run 300 points of adjustable shocks for free?  Where do I find the super rare tubular front A arms, SVO owners do not want to sell me theirs.  How do I match the unique spring rates of the rare SVO?  All rhetorical questions, it is for the board to answer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RVA Graphics & Wraps said:

Excellent Leroy Jenkins reference!

1 hour ago, MoparBoyy said:

What team is that?  They'd do that to me once. ONCE!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ron_e said:

Agree but another point of confusion.  I am swapping a V8 car not an SVO.  If I had to claim SVO do I get to run 300 points of adjustable shocks for free?  Where do I find the super rare tubular front A arms, SVO owners do not want to sell me theirs.  How do I match the unique spring rates of the rare SVO?  All rhetorical questions, it is for the board to answer.

Exactly my situation!  I am swapping a GXL, not a Turbo or even a GTU.  Where do i find the super rare cooling fan, rear brakes, diff, trans, hood, etc.......

1 hour ago, mender said:

VPi list shows a 25 point increase from '85 to '86 and again from '87 to '88. Tank size is 21.1 gallons for '86 and later, up from 17.4 for earlier ones re: internet.

Changes:

'85 to '86: 4 hp and 3.7 gallons (among other things) for 25 points

'87 to '88: 40 hp for 25 points

To clarify, the 87 944 (non-S) is not much different than the 86 and 85.5 944.

The 87 was the first year of the 944S (as an option) which gives you an additional 40HP through the 16V head.  You could get either the 944 or the 944S in 87.

The 89 944 (non-S) had a unique 2.7L engine available only that year.  I do not know how much power that engine produced off the top of my head but I am sure its on clarks-garage.  It was still an 8V.

Edited by ddombrowski
  • Like 1

To everyone,  if you don’t actually know what your talking about when it comes to 944s please stop posting false info.  Just about all the recent posts have been wrong!!  I’ll post the correct info. when I get home from work.

Ron

Edited by Ronh911
  • Like 1