Best beer ever?   Way up there was a bottle of Pliney the Elder that a CA buddy gave me while at the CC Laguna Seca last year.   I shared it with the team after day 1.   The views, the track, and whole great team vibe that weekend - all made for an outstanding beer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

Local beer in Iowa......

20180426_185028.jpg

FlorahDorah approved. Carry on.

On 4/25/2018 at 12:09 PM, BoiledPeanut said:

Best beer ever?   Way up there was a bottle of Pliney the Elder that a CA buddy gave me while at the CC Laguna Seca last year.   I shared it with the team after day 1.   The views, the track, and whole great team vibe that weekend - all made for an outstanding beer.

Yes. Pliny the Elder is excellent.  

18 minutes ago, Bandit said:

Is Paulaner still a thing? 

Liked that back when I liked beer. Very smooth.

I drink it from time to time when I stumble across it.  I like Warsteiner and Bitburger whenever I can find them.  The pop-tops on Grolsch can keep me entertained for hours.  Generally, anything German I'll drink.  Or Pilsners.  Or hefeweizen.  I like lagers too.  Anything Boulevard makes when I can find it (gotta represent the home town).  Basically, no IPAs on purpose, no fruit beers, and no A-B products (except Rolling Rock).  Oh, free beer; I'll drink anything free at least once.  I think that about covers it.

Coors for my daily, because Trans Am.  Silver Bullets when I can't find the Banquet beer and cheap domestics are the only thing available.

1 hour ago, karman1970 said:

I drink it from time to time when I stumble across it.  I like Warsteiner and Bitburger whenever I can find them.  The pop-tops on Grolsch can keep me entertained for hours.  Generally, anything German I'll drink.  Or Pilsners.  Or hefeweizen.  I like lagers too.  Anything Boulevard makes when I can find it (gotta represent the home town).  Basically, no IPAs on purpose, no fruit beers, and no A-B products (except Rolling Rock).  Oh, free beer; I'll drink anything free at least once.  I think that about covers it.

Coors for my daily, because Trans Am.  Silver Bullets when I can't find the Banquet beer and cheap domestics are the only thing available.

That's way too in depth for a Smirnoff fan.

100% with you on the IPA's though. Why anyone willingly drinks ass I have no idea.

2 hours ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

I would have went #1 or #15

I also went with the #1...It was excellent.

PS #1 was a vienna lager when I got there.  It blew right after I ordered the Ballast Point.  So I got the Stout that replaced it.

Edited by zack_280

One of my favorite beers not brewed in my basement is Huber Bock from Minhas brewing in Monroe, Wisconsin, which happens to be on the way to Road America and Blackhawk Farms! Once in a while I find it on sale for $10/case. 

5 minutes ago, Eman911 said:

One of my favorite beers not brewed in my basement is Huber Bock from Minhas brewing in Monroe, Wisconsin, which happens to be on the way to Road America and Blackhawk Farms! Once in a while I find it on sale for $10/case. 

Nice!  I'll try it later this year when I hit road america....

43 minutes ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

Prepping for Watkins 

20180522_151405.jpg

Ill be in a similar situation in about 30 minutes....

This forum needs more action today...

Best beer ever? -Hofbrau Original in Munich at Hofbrauhaus, Guinness at the Gravity Bar in Dublin.  Dead Tie.

Best everyday beer?- Yuengling Lager, or Full Sail Red Session, or Dos Equis Amber with a lime at a Mexican joint...

Favorite "weird" beer- Dogfish head Sea-Quench Ale.  Awesome on a hot day.

I hate IPA's though.  Not a fan of big hops.  I do like Lagers, Pilseners, Kolsch, Stouts, Ambers, etc...

Edited by Quicker10u

22 minutes ago, Quicker10u said:

Favorite "weird" beer- Dogfish head Sea-Quench Ale.  Awesome on a hot day.

+1 Just tried this recently. I'll add Ommegang's Fruition to this category.

My parents just got back from their trip through the northwest and brought back a bottle of Deschutes Black Butte XXVIII as my payment for mowing their lawn while they were gone.  I haven't been able to get my hands on it before but I really wanted to try one.  We celebrated the initial starting of my car with a bottle of Black Butte XXIX, I think the XXVIII will have to wait for the Megasquirt to go in.  

My wife signed be up for 6 months of beer of the month club.  She knows me well.  

Tonight is Ale Asylum 12 oz Curl. Very good pilsner 5.2%.

Currently living in Memphis,  there are several good breweries.  

66254.jpeg

20180730_210317.jpg

Edited by sgtskid
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 10:28 PM, Bandit said:

Is Paulaner still a thing? 

Liked that back when I liked beer. Very smooth.

Yep, it's one of the few that tastes the same here as it did in Germany, at least to me...

It's always in my selection!

1534809923609342921703.jpg

• Like 1