Race seat

• Technical Advisory Committee

It is legal for now as long as it's mounted correctly .  I would recommend a full containment seat for just a little more $$ .  That same company has some good choices at affordable prices 

We race at some high speed tracks and even though you are belted in look at what holds you in the seat above , no shoulder or  head restraint . 

Don't scrimp on the safety stuff .

Edited by Ray Franck
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

That is the most uncomfortable seat known to man or woman.

I really like our ultrashields rally seat.  It is inexpensive, and pretty comfy.

Agree to disagree, there is one of those in my hot rod, 15deg layback design, I like....

BUT, as someone that has had a seat "go bad" in a crash

Please get something more expensive/containment style, if this racing thing doesn't work out it will hold enough resale value to bail with less pain.

Agree. Don't skimp on the safety gear. Get a nice seat with full containment. It's hard to put up the  extra $1000 now. But if/when you need it, it will have been the best $1000 you ever spend. 

We had had a massive wreck last year. Momo Daytona seat. Driver walked away without even being stiff the next day. I'm positive that would have been much different if we were still using the crappy NRG seat we originally started with.  

Edited by thewheelerZ
  • Like 1

Please buy a proper race seat... please

Think of it as your space. When you or someone gets into the big crash and you will, a proper seat that is mounted correctly will save yours or someone life or a major rehab.

M2cents... I have driven tons of hrs in long endurance Racers in all kinds of cars from Miata’s to a NASCAR preped Road Racing truck offering 700hp at the tires. The first question I ask anybody that wants me to race in their car is if the car has a full Containment seat and what it is?

This is really great seat at a fantastic price. I’m will offer our SRC 15% discount to this item just to help on this price if you want to go this way.

https://pyrotectstore.com/product/pyrotect-eurosport-series-race-seat

C91AC8EB-E5DE-4FC4-8769-5E984E4104E5.jpeg

We can also offer that discount on any Sparco full containment seat as well :)

Cheers,, Shawn

Edited by Shawn Sampson
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2018 at 10:09 AM, Ray Franck said:

It is legal for now as long as it's mounted correctly .  I would recommend a full containment seat for just a little more $$ .  That same company has some good choices at affordable prices 

We race at some high speed tracks and even though you are belted in look at what holds you in the seat above , no shoulder or  head restraint . 

Don't scrimp on the safety stuff .

thats what i have in mine, although i would get a better one if you have the means. 

Yea, dont skimp on the seat.  Find somewhere else to save money.  We had a bimarco seat that was ok at the time, then we upgraded to an OMP and the difference is night and day in comfort.  I had to ride passenger side in the bimarco the other day and it was terrible.