@Mike G

Sorry about closing the door like that, I saw you coming as I was setting up for T1 but the Maxima is sooo fast I didn’t realize you were closing the gap just that quick. I thought you would still be a bit behind by the time we got to the inside of T1. My fault, glad you were able to get on the hooks when you did. 

• Thanks 1

Next time I will be a bit more cautious at the end of the straights since the closing speeds are so great since we don’t have much speed.

• Thanks 1

About that point-by and re-pass scenario in general, I feel like if you want to race that's fine (that's why we're out there after all), but if you point me by then you are "surrendering" the position. I appreciate the awareness and the courtesy, but I'm not expecting a car that points me by to fight back. Obviously, sometimes there are temporary scenarios that make this difficult and there's only so much you can communicate with a hand gesture between moving cars. 

• Like 2

@red0 No worries man, I had a great time out there with you. This is the first time we were ever in the hunt for a podium finish so we were trying to be fast while being courteous.

@ABR-Glen Shh! That was part of my evil plan:

DoT-pointby.gif

Edited by Mike.g
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol at the days of Thunder Gif, if you didn’t lift in T1 that would have happened. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, red0 said:

Lol at the days of Thunder Gif, if you didn’t lift in T1 that would have happened. 

I've used several hand motions from that movie while driving :) After turn 1 I used the "High, remember me" wave from the movie :P.

Edited by Mike.g
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ABR-Glen said:

About that point-by and re-pass scenario in general, I feel like if you want to race that's fine (that's why we're out there after all), but if you point me by then you are "surrendering" the position. I appreciate the awareness and the courtesy, but I'm not expecting a car that points me by to fight back. Obviously, sometimes there are temporary scenarios that make this difficult and there's only so much you can communicate with a hand gesture between moving cars. 

The point-by and re-pass isn’t that unusual in our form of racing.  A driver has a car issue, slows to a prudent pace and starts pointing, then figures out that there isn’t a problem and goes back to hammer down.  Now typically it doesn’t happen in as short of a distance as one end of a straight to another, but I’ve seen it more than a few times. 

• Like 1

We try our best to stay out of the way and will always point the leaders by. They are usually racing a different race than us. That being said. I did run into something new this last weekend. We were driving a car much faster than we're used to. It was definitely a learning experience for us with the new car. Hope we stayed out of most of your ways. Its always fun watching the leaders. Thanks again for a great time! 

Race car goons small.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, enginerd said:

That was @red0 driving there! I’m sure he thought it odd that the fastest car on track would point him by going into the main straight. You guys have the speed to pull us by 20 lengths on that straight so I’m sure he thought that by not passing already, you were sitting back and wouldn’t try a pass. Our top speed was 122 on Sunday with 156 WHP... with 255 rated HP you guys could do 130? 140?

156😏

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2018 at 2:44 PM, scottyk said:

156😏

Yep, we dyno'd the car on the way to the track on Friday. @enginerd posted the results along with tech sheet and logbook on the windshield of his car during impound. 

7 minutes ago, red0 said:

Yep, we dyno'd the car on the way to the track on Friday. @enginerd posted the results along with tech sheet and logbook on the windshield of his car during impound. 

I would agree with that number being pretty spot on as well from on track performance.

4 hours ago, red0 said:

I'm just giving him a hard time.  

2 minutes ago, Mike.g said:

Wow, that German engineering is just pure voodoo!

Well.. according to ChampCar it was 3034 lbs from the factory............... I think we did pretty good to take 10% out ;)

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, FlorahDorah said:

Exactly?

If E30s  weighed more than 500lb less than that figure, it wouldn't make sense that Champcar would have increased the weight in the calculator........so yes, exactly. 

Edited by red0

16 minutes ago, red0 said:

If E30s  weighed more than 500lb less than that figure, it wouldn't make sense that Champcar would have increased the weight in the calculator........so yes, exactly. 

Ah. Because BMW. I wuz just wondering if the accuracy to four decimal places was really necessary. Usually people say 2700 or 2730.... :ph34r:

Carry on. 

• Like 1

Highlights from our Sunday Race (Good and Bad 😮 ) And you bet I included every clip we passed a Porsche! I know it was wounded, but we passed a Porsche! LOL!

Edited by Mike.g