Al36rx7

Castrol - How Many teams entered?

Hello.

For us that will be at Castrol next weekend....What is the current entry count looking like?

Thanks

Allen

Thanks for the information...According to MotorSports Reg there was 26 entered as of yesterday afternoon.

Communication is an area where improvement could happen....

Easiest to email Wendy directly.

Good to see the car count going up, we're going to miss this one unfortunately.

Just checked the list, that's the number of drivers, not teams so car count might not be quite that many.

Edited by mender

Team Docspeed Honda CRX #47 is coming.
 Looking forward to seeing Chumpcar back at Edmonton's Castrol Raceway.

Weather forecast is perfect. 

Number counts were way down.   9 teams returned from last year and 4 new entries.   Only 13 and from a numbers perspective is very disappointing.   ChumpCar Canada cannot afford to take huge loses like this.   Lots of people are looking to help Wendy and Sal grow this out here.   New tracks are coming online.   Area 27 is on the map for hosting us as well.

CTV Sports in Edmonton did a sport profiling ChumpCar and have posted the video on their website.   It's called Real Cheap Cars hit the track.   Adam Cook did the story and its pretty good.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1449452&binId=1.1203434&playlistPageNum=1

From a racing perspective, it was great fun again.   Lots of drama and close racing.

Weather was perfect for once.

I really enjoy this racing series and I'd love to see it grow.  

We need to help get more cars on the grid next year folks.

Edited by Mudflap

With the contingent of cars that are now racing in the Are 27 series, I wonder if we should focus on getting those folks to come bring their cars out to race in Chumpcar, even if some of them have to class as EC? Maybe a race at Area 27 is in order instead of Castrol?
 Following that question, how many Alberta/Saskatchewan teams would be willing to tow to Oliver for a race instead?
Discuss....

How about some US teams? Area 27 is a lot closer for them than Castrol, and I think their participation is needed to get decent car counts.

And it's half as far as Portland or the Ridge for us.

Area 27 still has to get some work done before they can host races.  Two things need to be completed for safety.   One is a guard rail to prevent cars going down into a ravine and the second is the control tower.   From what Sal stated, Area 27 is planning on having these completed before the November 2018 target date.   So, we should be hearing something soon that this work is either completed and they are ready, or the runway to host the event has run out.  People have to prepare, etc so at least a 60 day lead time seems appropriate for my team.   Which translates to sometime in early September we have to hear they are ready to host a race.   Sooner is definitely better than later as the saying goes.