Ron_e

2019 races

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:38 PM, Rick.Cook23@yahoo.com said:

One more thought - if entry cost is what is ruling out more races in, or close to, Texas...

Our car is prepared “on the cheap”. We get most parts from salvage yards or Rock Auto.

We flat tow our car to the races (no trailer at all, let alone a motor home with enclosed trailer, etc.)

We are about the lowest budget team I know, but even we spend far less on entry than in all other racing expenses:

Tires

Spare parts

Fuel and other fluids (oil, brake)

Teams have spent way more on trucks for hauling, giant enclosed trailers, generators, air compressors, motor homes...

Entry fees are a drop in the bucket.

What I’m saying is: if I had to pay $200, or $300, or even $500 more in entry fee - in exchange for more racing in/around Texas,

then I would.  I bet other Texas-based teams would do the same.  Maybe send out a survey and ask?  Or maybe Champ already

has the answer with the poor turnout in July at MSR Houston this year?  

That is true for us as well.  The biggest cost for us isn't the entry fee -- not even close.  It is the cost of getting a team to remote places.  Everything for us (other than RA and Gingerman) is a long pull and diesel fuel ain't as cheap as it used to be.  Really would like to pull to High Plains or Hallett or someplace not SE or West at least as a break. Even our home track has been pulled this year (BIR), and that was the one break in cost that allowed for another race in the season.

We were looking forward to going back to Hastings when we heard it was back on the schedule. That was until they scheduled Harris Hill a week after Hastings. 

Concerning the spring Road America race... is it actually April 19-20? That is Friday and Saturday, with the 21st being Easter Sunday, which I guess is why the race was pushed forward a day (if that date is correct).

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, enginerd said:

Concerning the spring Road America race... is it actually April 19-20? That is Friday and Saturday, with the 21st being Easter Sunday, which I guess is why the race was pushed forward a day (if that date is correct).

I wonder if Thursday will be a test day?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, enginerd said:

Wow, nice catch.   I do not believe that's true, pretty sure its a Sat-Sun race.  I'll check. 

Edited by Jer

38 minutes ago, Jer said:

Wow, nice catch.   I do not believe that's true, pretty sure its a Sat-Sun race.  I'll check. 

I don't think so,   Remember, at the drivers meeting Morrison took a show of hands vote for Fri/Sat  or Sat/Sun   Road America gave us Easter Weekend so its going to be tough to get a crowd either way.    (Not something the treasurer probably wants to hear)  

8 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

I don't think so,   Remember, at the drivers meeting Morrison took a show of hands vote for Fri/Sat  or Sat/Sun   Road America gave us Easter Weekend so its going to be tough to get a crowd either way.    (Not something the treasurer probably wants to hear)  

I'm well aware that it will be poorly attended.  I'm am going but it's been rough rounding up drivers.  still looking for one. 

We didn't want to give up the weekend and lose it forever, so we decided to carry on knowing it will not be good.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jer said:

I'm well aware that it will be poorly attended.  I'm am going but it's been rough rounding up drivers.  still looking for one. 

We didn't want to give up the weekend and lose it forever, so we decided to carry on knowing it will not be good.  

That's sort of the scenario I figured was going on.  Its just a too bad its a mid-west race. (The closest one to us and we'll miss it :(  )  Just how the cookie crumbles.  

By the way, I was very happy that you are continuing on the BOD!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JDChristianson said:

That's sort of the scenario I figured was going on.  Its just a too bad its a mid-west race. (The closest one to us and we'll miss it :(  )  Just how the cookie crumbles.  

By the way, I was very happy that you are continuing on the BOD!

If one or two of your team wants to run, have them reach out to me.  Right now my team is Justin Lee, Troy and I.  My fee is reasonable. 

Edited by Jer

2 hours ago, Jer said:

If one or two of your team wants to run, have them reach out to me.  Right now my team is Justin Lee, Troy and I.  My fee is reasonable. 

I would, but I don't like any of you.😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jer said:

I’ll pass the word. 

I am going through my calendar today and marking the races down. Looks like you have your dates and days of the week crossed up for the Charlotte race.   I assume it is supposed to be move in on Friday the 26th and race Saturday the 27th?

Hello!  My first post.  Joined becuase I've recently learned about the Chump/Champ car endurance series.  Can't wait to participate.  

That said I am in Canada, the west, in Calgary.  I see there have been chump car races in Edmonton Alberta, thats great I can make that one, is there a plan to have one for 2019?

Also are there any races planned for the NW of the USA?  I did see one in Utah.  In the past there have been races in Spokane and I think Washington.

Any plans in these areas?  Or possibly one in British Columbia?

Cheers and look forward to learning more.  Regards, VikingTrad3r.